Mrs. Padfoot

"...now, can you please explain this whole werewolf situation?!!" Ailee asked exasperatedly.

"I cant." Sirius said sighing deeply. "I want to, but I can't... at least not tonight. You really should get back in the castle though Ails. It isn't safe out here."

"Yes. It isn't safe because there is a werewolf running around campus! A werewolf that you seem to know a whole lot about and won't-"

"Can't" he corrected.

"Can't tell me about!" She said, "do you not trust me?" She asked feeling a bit hurt.

"I trust you Ailee! I do! But it's... it's not my place to tell you." He said frustratedly.

"Not your place?" She repeated. "Sirius, you know who the werewolf is don't you?" He avoided eye contact. 'I'll take that as a yes' she thought to herself. "You know and you aren't allowed to tell me," She said thinking out loud more than she was really talking to him. "But it's obviously someone your close to. That's why you became an animagus, isn't it?" She said. The puzzle pieces were right there in front of her, she just had to figure out how they all fit together. Ailee looked away from the terribly uncomfortable Sirius Black standing in front of her and let her gaze fall upon the full moon hanging in the inky black sky above. Moon.. "Moony.." she whispered.

Sirius's discomfort switched to utter panic.

"It's Remus isn't it?" She asked. "You know what, don't answer, I don't want you to feel responsible for me figuring it out." He looked a bit relieved at this. "Poor Remus.." she muttered to herself sadly, "he's so brave. I can't believe he has to go through all this... but I suppose he has you at least to keep him company.."

"Oh it's not just me." He said. He quickly realized his slip up and threw his hands over his mouth and his eyes widened.

"Not just you?" She repeated. "Of course! The stupid nicknames! You are all animagi! Merlin's handkerchief!" She whisper shouted.

"Oh Moony is going to kill me... not the furry Moony either... oh Merlin.." he rambled, his head down and running his hands through his dark hair, pacing.

"I'm not going to tell anyone... and I don't think differently of Remus.. if that's what your worried about." Ailee said soothingly.

"You don't?" He said peering up at her from his now disheveled hair.

"No! Why would I? He's still Remus."

"He will be really happy to hear that." He said, a smile tugging on his lips. "But he's still going to kill me..." his smile falling.

Just then, they heard a howl coming from the woods. Sirius looked back at Ailee and she could tell from the look in his eyes that he had to go.

She watched the black dog scamper towards the dark forest leaving her alone in the secluded corner outside the castle.

Oh screw it.

She dropped her book bag, transformed into to the golden dog and sprinted to catch-up. She ran up beside the other dog and barked wagging her tail, panting with her tongue hanging out of her mouth to the side.

Sirius barked at her, probably to go away, but she kept pace with him as they made their way into the woods.

Ailee knew enough about werewolves to know what she was getting herself into. She knew she could get hurt, but she didn't care. All she could think about was how she might be able to help Remus.

Ailee and Sirius made their way to a clearing where the Werewolf, or Moony, was running around chasing a large stag (aka prongs/ James) with a rat (aka Wormtail/ Peter) hanging from its antlers. Ah Peter is clingy as always she thought to herself. No, no, no, no. Bad Ailee. That wasn't nice... true... but not a kind thing to think. Oh wait.. pay attention brain!!

Ailee was snapped out of her thoughts and watched as they ran around.. it looked like they were... playing? She soon realized it was basically a game of tag.

The werewolf would run, tail wagging until it reached the stag. It would then nudge it with its nose and sprint away. The stag then chased after him, nudging the werewolf with its nose once he caught up with him before bolting the other direction.

When Ailee finally entered into view, the werewolf, the stag, and the rat simultaneously stopped, cocked their heads to the side in curiosity, and then went back to their game.

Well that was anticlimactic.

Ailee joined into the game and ran around with them until it was almost daylight. At that point, Padfoot barked and motioned toward the direction of the castle. Ailee nodded in understanding and then ran out of the forest to the secluded corner where she had stashed book bag in earlier. She transformed back into human form and made her way back through the castle. It was truly a miracle that she made all the way to Gryffindor tower without being spotted.

Did someone spike my pumpkin juice with Liquid Luck? How how have I managed to survive nearly being mauled by a werewolf and sneaking around the castle this late at night?

She gave the password to an annoyed fat lady, stepped into the portrait hole, and thanked Merlin once again that there wasn't anyone there. She headed towards the stairs, but instead of padding her way up to her own dorm, she went up the stairs to the boys'. She entered their empty room, transformed back into the golden retriever and curled up on Sirius's bed, falling asleep waiting for them to return.

She awoke to three boys scratching her behind the ears and petting her head and cooing about how cute she was. Yes boys, I am adorable she thought to herself with a mental smirk.

"Good morning Mrs. Padfoot!" She heard James say in a baby voice as she lazily opened her eyes.

Wait, did he just call me Mrs Padfoot!?!?!

.