Son of a Bowtruckle

"Ailee." Sirius said simply.

The events that took place after this simple utterance all happened swiftly and simultaneously.

James was ecstatic, and let out a boisterous "FINALLY!!!" Flailing his arms in the air widely.

Vivian was teetering somewhere between fury and bewilderment. "AILEE?" Her shrill voice shrieked.

And finally, Ailee was in shock and utter denial. 'This is a dream. Yes, this is just an extraordinarily weird dream.' She thought. Her mouth was slightly agape, her face completely devoid of emotion.

"You're taking her? again!?" Vivian screeched.

"YES! Now go away you annoying twit!" Called James as he stood up and shooed the blonde away from the table.. Vivian got up in a huff, per usual, and stomped over to the Ravenclaw table.

At this point Ailee still hadn't moved.

Sirius looked at her adorably freckled face, searching her baby blue eyes, and sincerely wishing he could do legilimency so he could figure out what the hell was going on in that weirdly fascinating mind of hers.

"Ails?" Said James.

Ailee's eyes flashed from James to Sirius, and she realized it wasn't a dream. A moment later she quickly got up from the table and made her way out the great hall and out the doors to the grounds. Once she was far enough away from the castle, she transformed into the golden dog and ran towards the shrieking shack where she was least likely to be disturbed.

"AILEE!" Called out an all too familiar voice from behind. "AILEE IM SORRY! PLEASE COME BACK!" Sirius shouted desperately.

She was closer to the forest than the she was to the womping willow at this point and quickly changed directions to transform amongst the trees.

She walked out slowly looking down. She was overwhelmed and very confused. She couldn't be the Mystery Girl! Perhaps he misspoke, or just said the first name that came to mind and chose her knowing that would piss Vivian off the most, or... maybe...it was just a part of some prank.

As much as she wanted very much to be alone in that moment, the spiraling thoughts in her mind demanded answers.

She slowly walked toward his general direction, looking pointedly down at her feet, kicking rocks along the way in order to keep some semblance of composure.

"Ailee.." Said Sirius closing the space between them so that they were at a normal speaking distance.

"W-why did you lie and say it was me?" She said quietly looking up. "Is this some sort of joke?" She asked sadly. "Because it's really not funny."

"I-It wasn't- ...I-Wasn't..." he stuttered out rubbing his hands in his hair.

"You weren't thinking were you? You just thought you'd say the one name that would rile vile Vivian up the most, eh? Do you have any idea how much she hates me already?" Ailee said, annoyed and frustrated. "Do you have any clue what she'll-"

"AILEE! I wasn't lying!" Sirius said cutting her off and walking closer. "Ailee. I wasn't joking."

"W-what?" Ailee squeaked. 

Sirius sighed, and came even closer, reaching out to hold her hand in his. "Son of a bowtruckle..." he muttered taking a deep breath. "Ailee," he looked into her big, blue, confused eyes. "Ailee you are kind, and smart, and funny, and somehow absolutely adorably cute and drop dead gorgeous at the same time— you are the most interesting and bloody baffling person I have ever met. I've known you were special since I was 11, but I had no idea just how special you were until this year..." He reached up with his hand that was not holding hers, and tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"B-but that means.." Ailee trailed off softly, blushing as she came to fully grasp what was going on.

"You. You Ailee Abbott, are the Mystery Girl." He said booping her nose.

"That can't be right." She said with her eyebrows knitted together. "You said that she would only see you as a friend... " Sirius raised an eyebrow as his lips quirked. "But I've definitely had a crush on you since at least second year..." she said with a small smile playing at her lips.

Sirius was ginning like an idiot. "Are you serious?" He asked.

"No, that would be the idiot I'm head over heels for." She shrugged.

Sirius rolled his eyes with a smile at the overused joke and pulled her close, wrapping one arm around her waist and placing other against her cheek, whilst she wrapped her own arms loosely around his neck smiling wide and softly playing with his hair. Then he pressed the sweetest of kisses against her forehead, and then her freckled nose, and finally against her soft lips. Their lips moved in synch, butterflies dancing in Ailees tummy, both hearts beating rapidly. It was simple, but perfect. They pulled away reluctantly, as they heard a loud whooping somewhere behind them.

They turned their heads toward the commotion, still wrapped around each other. They laughed when they saw James, Remus, Peter, and most surprisingly, Lily celebrating wildly, jumping in the grass a little ways away from them.

"CONGRATULATIONS MR AND MRS PADFOOT!!" James hollered, throwing an arm around Lily, who didn't seem to notice.

"ABOUT BLOODY TIME!" Lily shouted to them.

"YOU'RE NEXT!" Ailee shouted back, giggling as her best friend pulled away quickly from the messy haired boy, face bright red.