You're Basically a...

"Good morning Mrs. Padfoot!" She heard James say in a baby voice as she lazily opened her eyes.

Wait, did he just call me Mrs Padfoot!?!?!

Ailee growled at the name causing Peter to squeak, James to snigger, and Sirius to let out a loud sigh and quiet laugh.

"So, Paddy, are you going to introduce us to this little friend of yours? Someone you met at the dog park?" James joked.

"Actually, you've already met." He laughed leaving James and Peter scratching their heads. He looked over at Ailee gesturing toward the floor. She humphed giving him her best puppy dog eyes. "No no no, don't look at me like that!" He protested fighting a smile. She whined, but slowly climbed up off of his bed and onto the floor in the middle of the room. She looked over at Peter and James, then back at Sirius who gave her a small nod. She nodded back before transforming into her normal human self.

"Wait! That was you last night!? When did you-?! How do-?! Why are y-?!" James sputtered incredulously with wide eyes.

Sirius and Ailee were doubled in laughter from James's face. Peter sported a shocked expression, though she could see the little wheels turning in his mind trying to figure out what in the world was going on.

"To try answer your questions: yes that was me last night. I managed to fully transform the end of last school year. And I know about you all because Moony interrupted my nap..." she said quickly.

"When you say interrupted do you mean..." Peter asked quietly.

She looked to Sirius, wondering how she should answer... "She was an idiot and fell asleep by the lake after class.. Moony must have caught her sent, that's why he ran off earlier in the night. I came between them before anything happened and that's about the time when she turned into.."

"MRS PADFOOT!" James cried out as the others laughed.

Ailee groaned putting her face into her hands at the stupid nickname, her face burning in embarrassment.

"Wait, you still haven't explained why." Said Peter. While she was grateful for the change of subject, she was apprehensive about this specific topic. How do you explain breaking wizardling law so just you could hang out with animals in your spare time? 

"Er.. well..I uhh..." she muttered uncomfortably.

"Does it really matter?" Asked Sirius, putting an end to the subject. Ailee looked at him gratefully, knowing that she would have to give a real explanation later on.

"I always knew you were more mischievous than you let on... Mrs Padfoot." Smirked James.

"Oh can you please stop calling me that!" She said scowling.

"Well you need a nickname!" He exclaimed.

"A nickname? But I like my name..." she said. She did like her name, it was her great grandmothers and always made her feel close to her.

"No! You need a name like the rest of us!" Defended James.

"Er- but I thought that was just a thing between you all... Marauders... or whatever..." she said hesitantly.

"Ailee. You already know all of our secrets," he said making a pointed look at Sirius who smiled sheepishly, "you are one of our best friends now and you are just as mischievous as the rest of us. You're basically one of us! You're basically a-a-a-"

Oh no no no no no no! Don't you dare say it James! Don't you dare! He better not be insinuating what I think he is.

"Marauder!" He finished as the boys nodded.

NOPE. No. No way. Lily is going to kill me. I'm going to die a slow and unique death, knowing her. Oh Merlin.

"No!" She said a little too quickly and a little too loudly. "I - can't. Lily would kill me." She qualified.

"What about an Honorary Marauder?" Sirius suggested, the other two nodding furiously in the background.

"I- er...well I suppose that would be okay..." she said quietly as the boys start to cheer loudly, patting her on the back excitedly. "Wait.. but what about Remus? He doesn't.."

"I already explained everything to him this morning.... He wasn't particularly happy about you risking your life and all.. but he trusts you." Sirius said cutting her off. It had been quite the conversation. Sirius was sure that if Remus hadn't been exhausted from the full moon the night before he would have killed him.

"But what about the whole honorary Marauder thing-a-ma-bob?!" She asked exasperatedly.

"Oh I'm sure he'll be fine with it," James said waving her off dismissively. "Now that that's settled, time to figure out a nickname for you," he said cheerily. "...since you didn't like the one I chose for you.." he grumbled.

"Wags?" Peter suggested. Ailee wrinkled her nose and shook her head.

"Goldie ?" Asked Sirius.

"Eh.. maybe." She replied.

"Snooze?" James suggested with a snort, "you know, because she fell asleep," she shook her head.

"Furry?" Said Peter. Ailee gave him a blank look. That was a truly terrible name, though not as bad as Wormtail...

"Blue?" Said Sirius. She raised an eyebrow, "for your eyes..."

That one actually isn't repulsive..

She shrugged and gave him a little nod, a smile playing at her lips.

"BLUE IT IS!" James cheered loudly.

Oh Merlin, Lily is going to kill me..

***