Chapter 1

Percy's POV
I walked back to my cabin to grab a small box only big enough for a ring. I wanted to propose to Annabeth tonight at our picnic at the beach. I tucked the ring in the picnic basket and went to the Athena cabin to pick up Annabeth. As I opened the door I saw Annabeth kissing another camper named Keith White from the Hecate cabin. I grabbed the ring and chucked it at them. I didn't even wait to see where it landed. I turned and bolted for the beach so I could be in the water.
I swam deeper and deeper until I found a nice spot to sit. I had tears streaming down my face. This was the only time I can recall crying other than when I was a baby of course. I laid down on my back and fell into an uneasy sleep. I woke up to two people talking. I kept my eyes closed as I listened to what sounded like my father and half-brother Tyson talking. I woke in time to hear my dad say "Let him sleep Tyson. He needs it." I opened my eyes and Tyson said "Brother" Hearing Tyson our dad turned around and said "Percy, what happened?" I could feel tears welling up in my eyes once more as I said "I was going to propose to Annabeth last night at our picnic. When I went to pick her up I saw her kissing Keith White from the Hecate cabin." I finished starting to cry. "I want to die." I said no uncertainty in my voice. "Now son," Poseidon said " You really dont mean that." Yes I do." When I said that Tyson started bawling. Dad said "Come with me Perseus" He grabbed my hand and transported us to Olympus. He called all of the other Olympians to Olympus for a council meeting.