Chapter 4

Poseidon's POV
I didn't want to leave Percy alone. His sword still reapered in his pocket. Even though his sword wouldn't kill him it could make him have to reform. I didn't want to lose him.

Percy's POV
I flashed outside my mom's apartment. I went and knocked on her door. When mom opened I could see something wasn't right. Her face was stained with tears. "Mom what's wrong?" "A drunk driver t-boned Paul's car last night." "Is he all right?" I asked at once. This made her burst into tears so I gave her a hug. I had a suspicion that Paul was dead but when she said he was my mind went blank. That was two big losses for me. Mom soon noticed that I looked different. She said "What happened to you?" I brought her to the couch and we sat down. I told her how Annabeth cheated on me to how I became a god. I think mom was upset how Annabeth had cheated on me. I said "I'm living with dad until my place is built." At the mention of my dad mom got a faraway look in her eyes. I wondered if she still loved dad. I knew she loved Paul but maybe she still had feelings for my dad. "Mom?" I said. That snapped her put of it. "What" "I need you to be honest with me. Do you still like dad?" Mom looked shocked for moment before saying "Yes" I nodded and said "Sorry mom but I have to go. Ok?" Mom nodded and gave me a hug. I decided to take a walk. I was lost in thought when I bumped into a woman who looked to be about 22. "Hi" she said. "Hi" I replied "What's your name?" "Perseus Jackson but I prefer Percy and yours is?" "Paige. Did your parents name you after the greek hero Perseus?" "Yeah" We continued to talk about stuff until I had to go back to my Dads palace. I said to her "I have to go back home." She took a pad of paper and pen out of her purse wrote something down and handed the piece to me. She said "Heres my phone number. Maybe we can talk again sometime." With that she walked away. When I was sure no one was looking I flashed to dad's palace. He was in the throne room looking lonely. When I got there he asked "Hows your mother?" "Mom still likes you and Paul died" With that dad flashed out. I hoped he went to see mom.