Part 3: Big Trouble In Little Chinatown

After my mini battle with the two muggers (mainly the big one, and also the old lady's cane, if you want to count that), I was hungrier than ever! So after walking down the street for a bit longer, I finally found myself in front of the Mexican restaurant. I took my first step towards the door when suddenly my phone started ringing. "Ugggh, what now?" I moaned.

I grabbed my phone and answered the call "You got the 'Pool!" A man was on the other end of the line.
"Yes, is this Deadpool the mercenary?" "No, it's his Aunt Sally, would you like to leave a message?" The man on the other end sighed, and replied "Yes, it must be you. I was warned about your "behavioral tendencies". Anyway, I have a job of the utmost importance that needs to be done, and I've heard you're one of the best."

I didn't really have any intentions of taking any jobs today (I wanted the day to be all about me and Bea). But who am I to turn down money? Wait a minute. Did he say ONE of the best? I'm fixing to straighten him out.

"Sir, I'll have you know that I'm not ONE of the best, I'm THE best! And if you have a job needed to be done by the best, then look no further!"  There was a few seconds of silence until the man replied "Excellent! Now listen carefully to my instructions..."

Chinatown
One Hour Later

Alright readers, I decided to spare you a bunch of boring dialogue and just give you the skinny, so here it is. The guy on the phone works for a big crime boss (wouldn't say who) and he was tasked with hiring me on his boss' behalf. Long story short, they want me to take out a lower level boss named Mr. Chung, whose base of operations is located here in Chinatown.

Apparently he did something to offend the big boss, so he wants to teach him a lesson (and probably set an example for the other lower level bosses in the city) by unaliving him. The best part is, they are going to pay me $500,000 for the job! They already wired me half, and I will get the other half when the job is done (I have to prove it by taking a picture of the body and sending it to them).

Sounds gruesome, but hey, I'll be half a million dollars richer (yay me!). So right now I am on the roof of a building, across from my target's base, waiting until he's completely alone. The reason for this is the guy on the phone told me that the lower boss has bodyguards with "special skills" that rarely leave his general area. And he advised me that I should wait until one of the few times during the day that he's alone to make my move, otherwise things could get "complicated".

So I waited for what seemed like forever (though in reality it was probably only thirty minutes), getting hungrier by the minute. And I was thinking to myself "Damn it, this bozo needs to hurry up and come out so I can kill him, get my money, and go use the money to put myself in a food coma".

Suddenly, I saw the door to the base building open, and out came my target, with what appeared to be six other men in suits following right behind him. The six men stood there in front of the building, while the boss got in his black car.
"Showtime." I mumbled as I got ready to move.

The target started his car, and began to drive away. And as he was turning the corner, I used my grappling gun to hook myself to the car (just like Batman). Too bad I'm not as graceful as Batman, because as soon as I was hooked to the car, I was pulled off of the building I was on and it started dragging me along the street, face down, gun still in hand. I didn't fully think this plan through. And as I was being dragged, I said in a muffled voice "This would've worked better with some skis."

Eventually the grappling gun pulled me to the car (the grapple was attached to the roof of the car) once it stopped at a red light. I climbed on top of the car, took one of my katanas, and cut a square shape (I have some pretty sturdy weaponry). I then peeled the roof off like a sardine can, and jumped into the passenger seat of the car. My target was looking at me wide eyed and pale, like he'd seen a ghost.