Part 8: Operation: Bust Some Fools

"Oh, man, what a trip. Where the hell am I?" I looked around at what appeared to be an underground base. "You are in one of U.R.A.N.U.S.'s secret bunkers that we have hidden all over the city." replied a familiar voice. I looked over and it was none other than Tabitha.

"Nice of you to finally wake up, by the way."
"Well, I can't help it. Tranquilizers have a weird affect on me." I smirked. "Speaking of, why did you shoot me with a trank dart? Was it so you could bring me back to your bunker and have your way with me?
Cause if that's the case all you had to do was ask."

Tabitha tried to muffle a snicker as she answered my question.
"No, it was so you couldn't see the location of this bunker. It's in a top secret location that only members of U.R.A.N.U.S. know.
I laughed (can't help it, the name's still funny).

Once I composed myself, I said
"Pretty sure you just told me that your group has bunkers hidden all over the city."
"Yes, but I didn't tell you what city, where they are or how many there are." Tabitha replied matter of factly.
I heard faint honking from above. "Well if the honking is any indication, I believe we are still in good ol' NYC."

Tabitha sighed a slightly annoyed sigh and said "I'm going to have to sound proof this bunker more. But that's something I can do later. Right now we need to gather up weaponry and and find out where we need to go."

I smiled once I heard her say weaponry. Now we're getting somewhere.
"Alright! What kind of weaponry are we talking here? Nukes? Missiles? A bazooka?!? (Please let there be a bazooka!)."
"Oh the basics. Pistols, knives, grenades, a couple of stun guns...you know, stuff like that." My smile faded and I lowered my head. 

"Awww, I was hoping for something more cool (guns, knives and grenades are cool and all, but since I'm acting as a temporary agent of a badly named group, I was at least hoping for some weapon perks).

"Okay, I found out where we need to go." Tabitha said after a minute of silence. I looked up at her.
"That fast? How'd you figure it out so quick?"
"Easy. I spent this past week eavesdropping on Black Bart and his lackeys thanks to some bugs another agent planted, and I wrote down all the drop off and pick up times for the next two weeks." Tabitha explained.

"All I had to do was look up today's date and the current time, and follow my little guide."
"Cool. So where are we going?" I asked.
"We need to head to the New York Harbor to intercept a pick up van. They are picking up one of their key ingredients to make Royal Flush."

"In broad daylight? Cause I'm pretty sure it's still daytime, right?" I asked in a surprised tone.
"Yes, it's still daytime. 3:30 to be precise." Tabitha replied.
"And the pick up is scheduled for 4:00. My guess is because the harbor is so crowded during the day they believe they can slip by undetected."

Hiding in plain sight. I guess that would be less suspicious than hanging around an empty harbor in the middle of the night. I continued thinking when Tabitha said "Well then. We should get moving. We only have 30 minutes to get to the harbor."

"Hold it. I have a quick question. If this Royal Flush stuff is so dangerous, how come S.H.I.E.L.D. or the FBI aren't handling this? Why you guys?" Tabitha hesitated for a moment before she gave me an answer "Because some threats are at a level where they are too high for the FBI's pay grade, but too low for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s. That's where we come in.

In this particular case, S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't deal with narcotics, and the FBI can't handle narcotics as bad as this, mainly due to the side effects of this drug. That's why us."
Satisfied with the answer, I said "Okay. Fair enough. So are we going to get this show on the road or what?"

Tabitha smiled.
"We sure are. But first-"
*pew* "Ow!" I didn't realize that she had pulled her tranquilizer gun back out. Everything started going all rainbow and polka dot again.
"Oooohhh coooommme ooooonnn!" And once again everything went black.