Part 5: Brooklyn Bro Down

Just a friendly reminder, the * symbol means play the music above the paragraph, the ## symbols means stop the music. You know, if you want. Now back to Deadpool's "amazing" singing (lord help us all).

* "No Sleep Till! Dundun Dun duuun dun dun dundun.....Brooklyn!"
"Did you HAVE to blare that on repeat the whole way here?" Spider-Man griped at me as we were entering Brooklyn.

"Duh! I thought we needed some hype up music, and considering the circumstances, I couldn't think of a much better song than this!" I yelled over the music.
"In fact, let's crank this bad boy up a little louder!" I held the volume up button on my phone until it couldn't go any further. Couldn't hear Spidey very well after that.

Come to think of it, don't think he could hear me very well either.
"TURN IT DOWN!!!"
"HEY!!! I DON'T LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!!! WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THAT?!?"
"DID YOU JUST SAY I LOOK FAT?!?" "NO I DON'T SEE A CAT!!! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAT?!?"

Pretty sure Spidey got frustrated with our game of telephone, because after that last remark he let out a loud groan, grabbed my phone and threw it down to the ground hundreds of feet below us. ##

"Finally! Some peace and quiet!" "Hey! What'd you do that for? Phones aren't cheap you know!" Spidey looked down at me, an annoyed look on his face, and said "If I hear one more peep out of you before we get to the collapsed building, you will follow the phone's lead."
If you readers know anything about me, you knew I couldn't stay quiet for long.

"Peep." I felt Spidey loosen his grip on my belt.
"Whoa whoa whoa! Easy there, web head, you know I can't help myself!" Spider-Man hesitated, sighed a big sigh, and just kept on swinging.
"I'm beginning to regret agreeing to take you with me." He said after a moment of silence.
"Aw, I'm sure you'll change your mind once we get to the action."

We got to what was the base of the building. From above, the wreckage didn't look too bad, but once we got to the ground, whole 'nother story. Nothing but big hunks of rubble as far as the eye can see. As Spidey was talking to a cop on the scene, I stood by and just stared.

See, I'm used to seeing scenes like this (causing quite a few of them myself) so I wasn't troubled by that. What I was troubled by was the thought of all the innocent people in and around the building, just minding their own business and then getting caught up in this carnage without warning. If there were a lot of people in the building, there's no way they would all survive the fall. It's a sad thought.

Wait a minute. Since when do I care if people die? I'm Deadpool for crying out loud! The Merc With A Mouth! I didn't earn that nickname for no reason (besides Marvel coming up with it)! Yet for the past two parts of this story, I've been a big ball of emotions and seriousness! Why am I being so sappy?

Is it because of the sappy author and her insistence that I have some depth? Hey! Leave me out of this!
Or is it because of Spider-Man? Yeah, that must be it! I've been acting this way since around the time that Spidey showed up!

Well news flash, readers, this isn't a Spideypool fanfiction, and me and Spidey are not going to get together and become butt buddies! This emotional roller coaster is stopping right now! I'm going back to being me and doing what I do best! And if none of you like it, you can stop reading and go find some mushy romance story to read!