1

I was walking home with two heavy bags of groceries in each hand, with the cold rain pouring down on me, soaking into the dark fabric of my hood down to my hair, but I didn't care, of course, since it tends to rain a lot here.

It was lovely though, if you don't mind the cold rain and the dirty puddles scattered around the pavement, since there's bakeries and cafes all over the place, and the buildings weren't too tall so you could always see the sky turn pink and orange whenever it set or rose

As I continued my journey home, I walked past a group of girls and their handsome rabbit hybrids, who at the moment were holding umbrellas over the girl's heads. Apparently that was all they were for to most people, to other people at least, all they do is do chores, mostly doing what other people didn't want to do.

I was probably the one of the only people in town without a hybrid, even though they weren't too expensive, I just didn't like thinking about how much work it would be to care for one, and at times I can't even care for myself.

As I turned around the corner, I heard faint whining from the alley beside me. Thinking it was maybe a puppy someone abandoned, I stopped in my tracks and I turned into the alley, instantly dropping the bags of groceries, (gently, of course.)

Sat in front of me, beside a dumpster, were two tiny little hybrid pups, two little wolf boys. My heart dropped at the sight of them, and instantly run to them, having keeping my distance as not to scare them.

The smaller one, with bright pink hair, was shaking violently, inching closer to the other one when he saw me, and he was completely naked, not including the sheet of newspaper that was covering their lower half.

The second pup, which was a little bigger than the other, had dark orange hair and sadly there was nothing covering him, so he was very much exposed. He wasn't shaking as bad, but he looked absolutely terrified of me, tears threatening to fall from his wide eyes. My heart felt like caving in on itself when I saw them up close, they were both very skinny and pale, with several bruises, though barely noticeable, it was obvious someone had hurt them.

"Who could possibly leave you guys here.." I muttered under my breath, holding my hand out to them.

The smaller pup started crying, trying to back further against the brick wall behind him. I let out a small sigh, "I won't hurt you, I promise.. I just need to get you guys home, okay?"

I saw them slowly starting to trust me, their shaking calming down slightly as the little one reached his hand out to mine, making desperate little grabby motions with his small fingers.

Now that the two of them seemed okay with me being near them, I very gently picked both of them up, unzipped my sweater, and snuggled them warmly inside it, zipping it up just enough so they wouldn't fall out.

I slowly got up and grabbed the bags of groceries, feeling just a bit awkward with two pups stuffed in my sweater, but as long as they were warm and safe from the rain, I couldn't care less. The orange haired pup was struggling and whining quite a lot, but the pink haired one seemed a lot calmer now, as he hid his face in his chubby hands.

.

.

As I reached my doorstep I realized that both the pups had fallen asleep already, I smiled down at them as I struggled to open the door with the two bags in my hand, and as soon as I made it in, I dropped the bags, very gently taking the sleeping pups out of my sweater and placing them on the couch, staring at them for a moment.

"What have I gotten myself into.."

(While going back and edited this, I realize how short it is and I really don't know what to do to make it longer so.. Sorry :'D)