CHAPTER 12- Instagram

We were up all together till about midnight. Dylan left at around 12:30 and then Noah and I soon fell asleep, we were so exhausted even though we did nothing but crack nonsensical jokes and laughed like mountain goats.

I woke up to the sound of Noah's phone ringing, he was sound asleep so I decided to pick it up so that the annoying early morning caller doesn't blow up Noah's phone over and over again. I jumped down the bed, ran to his side of the bed and answered the phone, before I could say hello, they disconnected. I saw the time, it was 7:45. We were late as hell for school. I panicked and started to slap Noah in the face so he wakes up.

"Get up oh my god we're late Noah!" I screeched and started to speed towards the door when I saw he woke up.

I rushed towards my house with the extra key I had and took updates from Mary,
"Where's Penelope?" I quizzed.

"On her way to hell I hope. But she's in her room she said she wanted to have a 'chat' with you." She answered immediately with a face that clearly portrayed her hatred for Satan's mistress.

"Chill out sis." I giggled and hugged her.

I brushed my teeth, took a bath and started to get ready. I went with my faded grey jeans and a long plain black tee which I made short with a knot along with my black converse. I left my hair down, took my bagpack and started walking down the stairs.

As I was getting down I saw that unlike every other day, instead of Mary, stood Penelope with my cup of coffee and my box of fruit salad  that I take to school everyday. I stopped in front of her and tried to take it, when she bitterly said, "You need to stop wasting your father's money. Try earning some yourself if you don't respect it."

I genuinely couldn't believe her. I know I don't waste money like other brats do. In fact, I don't waste money at all.
"How about you walk the talk, mommy dearest?" I answered with the worst smile my face could create, took my stuff and left.

This honestly had just ruined my whole day already. I saw Noah waiting for me outside and I ran into his arms and melted in his grip.

"Good morning to you too cutie!" He said in between giggles.

"Penelope is so unbelievable." I cried.

"What happened now?" Noah asked looking concerned and held my hand as we were walking towards his car.

"She said I need to stop wasting dad's money! Tell me have you ever seen me throw money at a stripper or buy drugs or dogs or anything that I don't need? Have you seen me shopping all day? She's making me lose my chill!" I almost started yelling by the end of it.

And all he told me was, "No Cara, you're the perfect daughter." With the most comforting smile and with that, he opened the door for me to get in.

We got to school and rushed to our classes, we had already missed the first lecture and it took a lot for me to convince my teacher to let me in. I'm pretty sure Noah got in. His English teacher has a crush on him or something. Today was boring and I was already in a sucky mood. I've been thinking about Dylan though, I don't know how he'll act around me today, I seriously hope it's not all back to square one cause that'll make me so mad. I'll pull his hair out one by one if that happens.

I was waiting in the canteen, it was lunch and Noah was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago but he's late as usual. I can't even get mad at him because everyday he has a new excuse that sounds valid just because he makes the puppy face. So I just gave up, I took out my earphones and my book. I was currently reading this book about mystery, magic, death and life in New Orleans. It's called 'Nine Lives', and listening to 'fireproof' by one direction.