CHAPTER 16-Good morning Carol

Carol's POV—
I missed her, my mom. She's the reason why I don't have a broken personality, she's the reason why I haven't slapped my father for marrying Penelope. She taught me how to be patient, she told me everyday that every single person deserves more chances. She told me everyday that the people who love me will always protect me. Yet, here I was, inside my own school, kidnapped by someone I thought was an angel.

No, I'm not unconscious. I pretended to faint. I didn't inhale the chloroform. Although it was difficult to stay up for a while because of the chemical that still sat on my nose. Simon went where, I have no fucking idea. He spoke about some flight but I'm not going anywhere.

My mind was clouded with regret. I couldn't help but curse myself for not spending enough time with Noah. I didn't have to work at the diner we could've spend so much time together. I didn't want to leave him, not now, not ever. He was perfect. He was different with me, more like he was himself with me and a complete different person with other people.

I shook my head back to the troubled situation I was stuck in. I looked around to see that I wasn't tied to anything. I didn't know this before because I was trying to pretend I was unconscious and dozed off. When I woke up I heard furniture moving so I knew he was in the room. I just decided to keep my eyes shut until he was gone. When I heard the door shut I got up from the couch that was half eaten by the many mice in this place and tried opening the door, but of course, it was locked.

I wasn't scared or worried. At least not after I got to know that Simon was behind all of this. I was just sad that he even thought of doing this. But I knew I could convince him, I always have.
Back in England, Simon, Alexy and I were always together. No matter where we went we were always together. We were each other's everything. They had always been there for me and I was always there for them.

But ever since mom's death, I isolated myself completely, and just when I was getting back on track we left for L.A. I still got to say goodbye to Lexy, but not Simon. My fault, I know, but ever since I came here I've been so relaxed. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's all because of Noah. I don't know what on earth would I have done without him.

I began hunting for anything that could help me open the locked door. There were some old files, old furniture, a couch, a few light bulbs here and there and lots and lots of spiderwebs. I quickly shuffled to the old files thinking there might a paper clip. I bent down to pick them up but the door flung open and Simon barged in with two back packs. He looked at me all confused but he smiled from ear to ear and hugged me until he almost crushed my ribs.

"Good morning Carol, you feelin' okay?" He asked me as if nothing happened a few hours ago.

I couldn't possibly act out. So I hugged him back and just smiled. "What are these for?" I questioned looking at the backpacks. He made me sit on the couch and stood in front of me. He cupped my face in his hands and all I could see was this blur picture of me sitting on Noah's bed and him holding my face in his hands like it's a precious box of treasure. Simon said something, but I didn't hear a word. All I could hear was Noah's voice telling me, "I'm here Carolina, I won't let anything go wrong."

I was pulled out from my thoughts when Simon bent down and kissed my forehead. I saw him walk out of the place and very clearly heard him lock the door behind him. I got up again and went to the files to look for paper clips. I found way too many paper clips, so if one broke I had back up.

I kept trying. But the clips would break as soon as I turned them. I had only 2 of them left and I wanted to save them. There was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless. I wonder if dad figured I was missing...