CHAPTER 20- Explore

We walked around the whole hotel, it was breathtaking. The entire place was massive, every corner of the place continued to have the same 'royal kingdom' vibe. We spoke to some of the night shift staff and all of them told us about the ghostly encounters they had since they started working here. But the place was a hundred times more spooky than their exaggerated stories.

I have to admit, I was enjoying myself, finally, after so long. I didn't take a single breath of relief after we realised that there was someone following us for weeks altogether. But I've always enjoyed Simon's company and I'm pretty sure he's always known that. Then I don't understand why he found the need to practically kidnap me and run off like this. As much as I was enjoying his company, I really wanted to get back home. I knew Noah was worried sick and so were Dylan, Tristan and Kol. I obviously wanted to know why on earth Simon would do all this, I desperately wanted to ask Simon about it but ever since he told me that he's going to drop me home, I just didn't wanna worry at all. He always does as he says.

"Come on, you look tired. Let's get you to bed. We've to go home tomrw." He smiled and put his arm around me and we walked to our suite. We used the card to open the door and I started looking for which room I want to sleep in. There were so many, and all of them were equally nice to use.

"Where are you going? You're sleeping with me Carol." He casually sang.

"I'm not. Don't even think about it." I protested.

"I'm sleeping on the floor don't worry and don't argue. Now come on baby." Simon tried to convince me.

"I'm not going to sneak out and run away Simon. I won't talk to you if you don't trust me." I made it clear.

"Carolina this whole hotel is haunted. I know you love exploring but I'm also well aware of the fact that you're scared of ghosts. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of them just lurking around in this suite." Simon explained.

"Fine." I gave up. I won't lie, I am scared. As much I love the place, it is quite creepy. I slept peacefully, until I heard the piano playing. I knew this tune, it was the one Simon taught me years ago, Für Elise. I went outside and saw him playing the piano passionately. His eyes were closed, he was slowly swaying with the tune and he switched to another tune, swiftly.

I sat beside him and took in his presence, he looked so different, his presence felt so different, with the bandage on his head, tiny stubble, he looked disturbed. It worried me, I hope he doesn't break his promise.

"You wanna play?" He asked with his eyes still closed.

"I don't completely remember." I hesitated.

"That's okay, start slow." He cooed. I played the only tune I knew, I started slow then continued at a normal pace. He put his arms around me, kept his hands on mine and started playing with me. My body tensed under his presence, when he sensed that he cleared his throat and got up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think I was making you uncomfortable." He explained.

"No no, I'm just- I'm just with Noah..." I slowly stated, but was I? With Noah? It doesn't matter, I don't want to be with Simon, not that way. And specially not when he's kidnapped me like a lunatic.

He just looked at me, straight in the eye and sighed. He took a step towards me and then held my face in his hands, "We'll go home and then you'll be happy again. Just go to bed now and get some sleep, you know how bad flights treat you." He spoke softly and waited for me to go to the room, once I did he went to bed too.

I didn't trust this guy one inch after he said 'flights'. I didn't know where this conversation went, but I didn't want to question him. I decided to just get some sleep and run the hell away if things go south. At least I was still in the city.

I tried so hard but I couldn't get any sleep. I could hear the light snores that escaped Simon's mouth. I knew no one else was in the suite so I got up, with the minimal amount of noise I could make, and I walked to the little table he kept his wallet and phone on. His wallet was just credit cards there was barely any money, he would immediately catch me if he saw no money in it. I went through his cards, I knew the code to one of them. He gave it to me in case I ever fell short of money, I had a card of my own but he just kept insisting so I took it and returned it to him a few weeks before I moved here.

I found the card and put it in my pocket. Then I tried to unlock his phone, it was the same password as before. Turns out he isn't as smart as he thinks he is. I opened whatsapp and started scrolling through, I saw a number that was very familiar so I clicked on the chat. There was messages only from the person on the other side, not a single text message from Simon, that's weird.

"You were so good for her, she's stuck with spoiled kids here."

"She doesn't look happy at all. The boy next door is ruining her and she can't even see it."

"She doesn't even come home at night anymore."

"Thank you for coming for her help, she's miserable here."

"She misses home so much, she tells me everyday."

These were the messages that caught my eye. This had to be her, this had to be Penelope. Cunning little bitch. I don't know what her plan is, but it'll never succeed.

I opened his Instagram and found Noah's account. I texted him saying, "It's me Cara. I'm at the Biltmore hotel in Hollywood. You need to get me please, not right now but in a few hours Simon, the guy who kidnapped me is going to take me somewhere in a flight. Please please get me Noah. Do not text back here, I'm texting from his phone."

I messaged the same thing to Dylan, Tristan and Kol too, incase Noah was asleep. I deleted the messages immediately after that. I took the credit card that I knew the code to and went to the loo to hide it there. If I hid it in my shorts he'd see it in no time and do something unpredictable.

All I could think of now, as I was laying in bed, was that if Noah and the boys would actually come. Were they even worried...? Of course they would be. I mean they spent weeks with me just to make sure I was safe. They would've gotten at least a little attached to me by then, or so I hoped.

I wasn't surprised that Penelope did something like this, but I'm so confused as to why she chose Simon as her prey and how she contacted him, convinced him that was stuck in L.A. Once I get out of here, I don't care how much my father thinks he loves her, I will drag her by the hair and kick her pathetic ass out of the house myself.

It was a waiting game now. I had to wait till the morning. If the guys don't show up, which I kind of doubt they will, I'm just going to make a run for it and get in a damn cab.

—————————————————
**A/N**
Helluu you guys!
2k readers on this book... wow I didn't expect that. My writing hasn't been the best but i hope it's better after the first few chapters. Thank you so much for making it till the 20th chapter! It means so much to me! I absolutely love it when y'all comment. Even if it is to tell me where to improve, so please don't give up on my little writing antics?💙
-Hxx