Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

-Coming Home With Me 

Kara is waiting impatiently in her hospital room.  The clothes she was wearing when she was brought in were destroyed.  She goes to her hospital door to peek out.  Where is he?  She’s getting anxious.   He talked the doctor into releasing her now he’s not even here on time.  

The bodyguard he hired to watch her is still there.   Maybe she should ask him but she doesn’t want to.  Picking up the phone in her room she calls Mica.  He agrees to hurry over.  When he gets there he has an overnight bag of clothes he picked out from the clothes she keeps at work. 

He takes her to his home where he and his husband Christian fuss over her, feed her and make her get into bed. 

Elise hasn’t touched any of the food she’s ordered but neither has Braylin.  He can’t understand why she is so upset.  Their relationship has never been more than casual.  She keeps asking him questions about Kara, he’s tired of it. 

“Why her Braylin?  I’m not convinced that it isn’t because she comes with a building you just happen to need to finish your mid-town project.  How else could you meet a woman like her?  She doesn’t travel in our circles.”  Elise plays with a piece of sushi on her plate she has no intentions of eating. 

“I can’t say to you it’s over Elise because we aren’t a couple.  I advise you to keep that in mine.  Other women I date are of no concern to you.  I’m trying to keep this civil but if my taking a girlfriend is too much for you to handle, we can sever our friendship here and now.”  

“Friends, we aren’t friends Braylin.  That’s not what you wanted from me and you know it.  I tried to be your friend.  I want to be your companion, your partner eventually your wife.  I want to be everything you want but you keep me at a distance.  You put limits on our relationship and now you expect me to believe that even that’s over because you’ve fallen for this….this….. woman no one knows anything about.  You were still sleeping with me  about a month ago.  You can’t be in love with her so tell me the truth?”  Elise demands her hands gripping the table. 

Braylin stares at her as if he’s seeing her truly for the first time.  His long lashes barely blink.  He sucks in a breath bored with her little speech.  He’s heard it all before. He’s sure she’s seen every single one of the magazine that contain stories about him and Kara.  

“I was wondering why you asked me to meet you at a sushi restaurant when I brought you here before you did nothing but complain.  We don’t like the same types of foods Elise.  The only part of my job you enjoy is going to the parties when we open a building.”  Braylin responds sarcastically. 

“Oh come on Braylin, you enjoy those things just as much as I do.  I’m the perfect hostess for you.  Baby you need a woman like me on your arm and we both know it.  This girl you claim to be seeing, she knows nothing about socializing in our circles.  The only thing I’ve seen her wear in the tabloids is black…black….and more black.  I have to give it to her she does have a little style.  Although I think I’ve seen that bracelet she wears somewhere before.  Hers is probably a knockoff along with everything else about her.”  Elise says picking up a few kernels of white rice with her fork popping it in her mouth. 

Braylin rolls his eyes as he watches her eat.  She barely eats anything in front of him.  He ogles her body in the chair.  Her golden blond hair that looks like it’s been kissed by the sun and her striking blue eyes make her a beautiful woman but the word sexy doesn’t come to mind like it does whenever he thinks of Kara.  Elise is thin, too thin and she has no sex appeal.  Skeletal bones protrude from her collarbone and she has the thinnest legs.  She whines every time they go out to dinner there’s nothing on the menu she can eat without gaining a few pounds.