Chapter 51

Chapter 51

-Clarity

Braylin is in the kitchen cleaning fish when he hears Kara’s scream.  He drops the knife and fish taking off he runs up the stairs to her room. 

She’s on the floor her cell phone is lying a few feet away from her.  He’s not sure what’s happened but believes it has something to do with Amelia. 

“Baby talk to me….Kara are you alright.”  He walks over to her sitting on the floor next to her.  He starts to pull her in his arms she screams at him and moves back pushing herself against the nightstand holding her hands out not wanting him to touch her. 

Braylin is at his wits end, he doesn’t know what else to do to help her.  He can’t fight the demons inside her.  He doesn’t know what she’s holding on to.  She’s crying and mumbling he doesn’t understand what she’s saying, she just keeps saying she’s sorry.   

“Kara…it’s alright baby, I’m here.”  His frustration of the situation gets the better of him finally breaking him he turns away from her she hears the emotion in his throat.  He’s crying and he doesn’t want her to see it. 

Kara stares at him, this man that has stood by her through everything and is still with her trying to understand, to help her and to love her but she won’t let him. 

Crawling across the floor to sit next to him against the side of the bed she wraps her arms around his waist snuggling up next to him.  Reaching out she wipes his tears away from his beautiful sad eyes.  She starts to talk with her head lying on his shoulder.  He wraps his arms around her leaning back, his head resting against the side of the bed. 

She goes back as far as she can remember, telling him about all the times her mother would take her with her to meet up with her lovers behind her father’s back.  She knew of her mother’s infidelity and she never told her father of where she had been during the day or the things she seen her mother do.  She carries so much guilt about it because she watched him suffer through their marriage, he knew his wife was unfaithful but he always seemed to believe she would change and Kara knew by what she saw that she wouldn’t.   

A month before she left them for good her father was in Jersey visiting a friend who had just opened up a new restaurant he was spending the night.  Her mother shut the restaurant down early that day.  She told Kara she was going out on a date.  They were preparing to leave the restaurant her mother told her to put the closing sign out and lock the front door.  When she got to the door a man rushed in.  Kara had seen him before she knew he was one of her mother’s former lover’s but she had not seen him for a while.  She didn’t know who her mother was going out with and assumed it was him.  

She let him come inside.  Smelling liquor on his breath she wanted to get away from him, she didn’t like the way he was looking at her she tried to leave the room but he grabbed her and started trying to kiss her.  She can still recall his hot breath on her face as she struggled to get away.  He chased her and threw her on the floor.  He tore her shirt off and yanked her skirt up.  He was holding her down strangling her while he unbuckled his pants.   

Kara was screaming and squirming beneath him, he had his zipper undone when her mother came into the room.  He and her mother started arguing.  He told her mother that he was going to have his way with Kara if she didn’t come back to him. 

Amelia told the man that it wouldn’t change her mind, their relationship was long over.  She turned her back and walked away.  The man looked at Kara and started to unzip his pants.  Kara tried to fight him off when he was hit from behind and knocked on top of her.