Chapter 44

Chapter 44

-Fall Again

Amelia stands in front of the mirror in her luxurious dressing room closet checking out the bruises on her body.  Sex with James last night was rough, his lovemaking was more about control than loving her.  The dirty words he whispered as he pounded into her made her feel like she was simply a piece of ass to him she didn’t like it.  He didn’t seem to care if she got off.  He took what he wanted from her and left her room to sleep in his own.  

He’s the only man she feels completely understands her and accepts her the messed up way that she is.  He knows about the dark places in her mind and he’s taken the time to help her wade through some of the madness.  She wonders how much of what she’s been doing does he really know.   

On her way going down the stairs she hears his angered voice coming from his home office. She hurries down the rest of the stairs tipping to his office door to listen. 

His private detective is giving him the details of his investigation.  The bartender turned in a charm that was laying on the bar that night after he did his sketch drawing of the woman.  Other witnesses reveal that the woman was seen having dinner with a different man.  James is yelling at the detective to find out who that man was. 

Hearing this bit of news makes Amelia go into a flashback of her conversation with Liam at the bar.  She remembers he grabbed her wrist at one point.  She was wearing the bracelet Enzo gave her that’s just like Kara’s except for a few specific charms.  She starts to make her way back up the stairs to take a look at her charm bracelet for a missing charm when the office door opens the two men come out of it. 

“Amelia come here.”  Is James curt command.  She takes her time coming back down the stairs. 

The detective does a thorough drive by of her body his eyes linger on her breast in her low cut top.  She realizes he must be the one James hired to watch her.  How long he’s been watching she’s not sure but it’s evident he likes what he sees and hasn’t told James everything or she’s sure he wouldn’t have slept with her last night.   

Amelia turns her gaze to James to find he’s watching the detective’s salacious eyes on her.  Amelia blushes, she likes it that James is uncomfortable with another man looking at her with such a lecherous look but where has this kind of attention for her been for the last several years.   

After the detective leaves James look on her turns dark.  His stare goes right through her like a knife carving his initials around her heart.  She tries to withstand it but she breaks the stare, walking ahead of him into the kitchen. 

“You need to hurry.  You’re going with me to the hospital this morning.  Maxim is awake.  The doctor said he thinks he’s recovering some of his memory.  They want us to talk with him, they say it helps.”  James watches her closely as he speaks. 

“Ahm…..yeah.  I’m coming with you.  That’s good news, I left my purse upstairs.  I’ll just go get it.”  Amelia rushes back up the stairs into her dressing closet closing the door. 

She pulls out her cell phone trying to reach her hitman she finds he already left her a text.  He wasn’t able to take out Logan last night but he thinks he knows where he’s going.  He also has a lead on the woman, he wants to know what she wants done about her.  He wants to meet with her.  Amelia rolls her eyes knowing why he wants to meet.  She liked having sex with him, but if she has to have rough sex she prefers it be with her husband.   

Amelia brushes him off telling him that she has to go to the hospital with her husband she will meet him later.  He says that isn’t good enough, he’s horny, he wants to see her in a couple of hours.  She tells him she will see what she can do to get away.  He reminds her that's not acceptable.