6. A toy

The next day went by really slowly. I had been debating the whole day should I go or stay and I finally landed on meeting Thor. He had to be gone a lot of trouble finding me and he at least deserved an explanation. But talking to him felt nerve wracking. I had almost thought about every possible outcome for the night. From Thor actually knowing why I left, to him not actually even being at the garden. I had tried to think every possible question and answer, but I was still so nervous. I had decided to tell him I had gone home to take care of my mother, which is partly true. I wouldn't be telling the whole truth, but at least I wasn't lying. Keeping something as a secret isn't the same as lying.
I had this odd feeling in my stomach and I didn't know why. I mean he is the heir to the throne so talking to him felt like a trial. After what we did, the awkward part shouldn't be the talking. I felt like I should look my best, because he's the prince, but other side of me said it would be wrong against Loki. There was this thought in my mind that it would be a mistake to go, because of the day I spent with Loki. What would he feel about me going to meet his brother? Not that anything would happen between me and Thor, but still it felt a bit odd. I need to keep my head clear, tell him why I left before and then leave. I'm not going to stay there any longer than I need to, because what I had with Loki was special. If Thor asks me to stay, I will just politely decline his offer. It shouldn't be too hard.

As the darkness of the night started to appear, I began to dress up. I had made sure my mom was asleep a few moments ago. I know the night is cooler and that I don't want to be seen by the guards, so I put on my black cloak and pull the hood over my head. I take a quick look of myself from the mirror and head outside.
I know where the garden is, but I don't know where I can go without getting spotted. Usually there's two night guards. I learned that when I studied about what way I could get in the castle for the ball. I hope Thor has thought this through and is waiting for me there, because otherwise I don't know what to do.
As walking through the dark town I noticed how beautiful it was. It was silent and peaceful, but so cold. I pull the hood deeply over my head as I start to shiver, fastening my walking speed. I make a short cut that leads me straight to the King's garden.
I feel my heart pumping faster as I step up to the sight. As I look around, I didn't see anyone. "HEY, YOU! Stop right there!" I freeze as I look where the yell came from. I could still get away, but my body denied to run. "Take of your hood!" The guard demanded. I got caught, is all I could think of. I slowly pull my hood down in shame. The guard steps even closer studying my face. I couldn't look at him, I felt so bad. "You must be Caitlin?" I look at the guard confused for a couple seconds and then nod hesitatingly. I wasn't sure if him knowing my name was a good or a bad thing. "Let's get you inside from this cold. Thor has been waiting." He said with a small cringe. He grabs my hand and I don't even fight back. I was just so confused, because I actually thought Thor would be the one waiting outside.
The guard brings me inside and we start walking the empty hall. He was still holding my hand, probably just to make sure I was following. Suddenly he stops in the middle of the hall, looking around. I was just about to ask what was going on, but he pushes me against the wall, pinning my hands over my head. I try to fight back, but he manages to keep my hands in place. "Now, why would the prince go for so much trouble over a poor girl, if it wasn't that she's a slut!" My heart rate springs to the roof and I panic. I try to yell help, but only a small gasp comes out. He comes really close, breathing in my ear. I try to be as far away from him as I could. "Maybe I should try the prince's toy." He attacks my neck while grasping my breasts. My eyes widen as I realize what's happening. I kick him in the groin as hard as I could and he lets go of me growling in pain. As soon as I got myself free, I started running tears falling down my cheeks. I hear him yell something horrible after me, but I don't look back. I take a couple turns and kept running until I started to recognize the area. This was close to Thor's bedroom. I remember this corridor. I take the last turn and arrive in front of the right door. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.... But nothing. I need to get safe if the guard comes after me. I push the door open and look around. Thor isn't here? I thought he was waiting. I take a step inside and a flashback from the first time I was here comes to mind and so does the night. Everything that happened. I go sit on the edge of the bed trying to cope my thoughts. I couldn't think of the lovely memories anymore, because all I could think of was the guards greedy hands traveling on my body and his gruffy lips on my neck. I wake up from my thoughts as a tear drops on my hand. I wipe my cheek with my hand and try to calm myself down, but I couldn't do it alone. A noice outside the room gets my attention. I couldn't hear much, but it sounded like arguing. I couldn't get my eyes off the door. My mind is just imagining the guard bursting out of the door and....    The door opens! I still couldn't see who it was, but I couldn't move even if I tried to. The person takes a step inside and it's Thor! He looks a little disappointed, almost sad. Before he could see me I run to hug him. I feel safe around him, like he's going to make all my trouble fly away. I bury my face on his chest and sob. He doesn't ask questions, but wraps his strong arms around me, securing me in place. Slowly the sobbing stops and my breathing stabilizes. Thor moves his hand under my chin and lifts my head gently so our eyes meet. My eyes are probably buffy and red and I wanted to look away, but his kind smile made me stop. He asks softly "Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?" I nod and open my mouth to speak, but couldn't find the words. All I could say is "The guard..." with the quietest voice possible. Thor understands and hugs me tightly, pressing his chin on the top of my head. "It's okay, you're safe here with me."