chapter three

Alexander held onto Hennessy like the world was ending. He wondered how he found himself in this situation, a beautiful girl in his arms. He dug his face into her neck, and the beautiful perfume she was wearing made him almost confess, all the things he wanted to do with her.

Footsteps were coming down the hallway, and Hennessy looked up, and saw the face that was the most deadly- Christine. Christine was her boss, and has hated Hennessy since the day she started. She has no clue why, but she does know that she is walking on eggshells with her.

"Shit." Hennessy stood up fast, but it made her head dizzy and she almost tumbled right back to the ground.

"Hennessy! What are you doing?" Christine yelled from down the hall.

"Nothing, I was just checking the rooms I still have."

"And you were doing that in that man's arms?"

"No ma'am!"

"Well please explain what you were doing, cozying up with that man!" Christine was now face to face with her, yelling in her face so loud that Hennessy flinched and tried to back up.

"I'm sorry! I promise it won't happen again."

"This was your 3rd strike Hennessy Johnson. And that means immediate termination."

"What the hell were my first 2!" She yelled back, and crossed her arms. Alexander was proud of her, for standing up for herself.

"Um..."

"Exactly!! I know that you hate me but don't fire me for nothing."

"I'm sorry Ms. Johnson, but please pack your belongings and leave." Christine said, and walked away towards the elevator.

"Fuck you!" She yelled, and walked the opposite direction.

"Wait, Hennessy." Alexander said, lightly jogging to catch up with her.

"What? You're the reason I just fucking got fired, do you really think I want to be all buddy buddy with you?"

"I'm so so sorry. I really am. I can get you another job."

"With what fucking experience! I doubt anyone would want to hire someone who never went to college."

"I'll hire you! You can be my maid at my house. I've seen how well you can clean."

"You don't live here though."

"How do you think that?"

"You're staying in a hotel. People don't stay at hotels in there hometown."

"Well you're wrong. I am staying here for a business occasion. I live in SoHo. Where do you live."

"Tremont. The Bronx."

"Tremont? You shouldn't live in a hellhole like that."

"I know, but it's what I can afford." Hennessy countered. She didn't like Alexander judging her like that.

"So work for me, you can be a live-in maid. You can have one of the guest rooms."

"I'll think about it." Hennessy said, as she clicked the elevator down button.

"I promise I'm not a serial killer or anything."

"That doesn't reassure me at all, I doubt an actual serial killer would be like 'just so you know I'm a serial killer.' I mean I don't think Jeffrey Dahmer ever said that."

"True, but I promise. Pinkie promise?" He held up his pinkie, and Hennessy looked him over. In his business suit, the definition of handsome, was standing next to her making a pinkie promise. She had horrible trust issues, but what was one more to a pile? If this guy screws her over, so what? Its not like it hadn't happened before.