chapter seventeen

It was Christmas Eve, and Alexander was prepared for the day ahead. He decided that tomorrow, Christmas, he would ask Hennessy to be his girlfriend. He would take her out for a nice dinner, then to a show. Then afterwards he would ask. Alexander didn't know why he was so nervous, as he has had many of flings and girlfriends. But none as special as Hennessy.

Hennessy got her paycheck the other day, and it was very bountiful. She spent a week or so mulling over what to get him, as she sure had the funds. But she knew exactly what to get. And it was wrapped in gold paper, with a card on top.

Hennessy woke up and walked down the stairs, ready to make breakfast. But was delighted by what she saw. Alexander was already making breakfast. He was wearing pajama bottoms and a tight fitting t-shirt that showed off his hard chest.

"Hey, Xander what are you doing? I can make breakfast." Hennessy said, sitting at the island.

"No, no. Relax. Take a day off. I'm making french toast and biscuits and gravy." Alexander said, and Hennessy smiled. "And, I got you a Venti Passion Tango Tea Lemonade, with 3 pumps of raspberry and 3 pumps of classic." He said, placing the iced drink in front of her, and she was absolutely shocked.

"Oh wow, why? What did I do? Thank you." She said, placing the straw in it. Concerned that something was happening, why was he buttering her up? Was he going to kick her out?  Fire her?

"You were yourself. Hennessy I just want to treat you. You deserve it." He smiled at Hennessy and she wanted to melt, no one had ever treated her that nice.

"Thank you. You are too nice." She shook her head and took a sip out of the tea.

"I'm not. I'm just treating you how you deserve to be treated." He turned back around to the stove and Hennessy studied the way he walked around. The muscles on his back flexed as he flipped the toast and she realized she was being weird and looked down.

"So how is work going?" Hennessy asked, and he chuckled.

"It's good, some people tend to be a little dramatic though." Alexander said, and Hennessy couldn't help but stare at his biceps bulging through his shirt.

"Like what, spill." She leaned back in her seat, almost falling out of the chair.

"Well you know that secretary that wouldn't let  you in that one day?" Alexander said, whisking the gravy.

"Wow, that seems like forever ago, but yeah I do. I mean how the hell could I forgot that whore." She rolled her eyes at the thought of the bitchy secretary, and was excited to hear the dramatics of the life of a CEO.

"So her name is Sarah, and she is my PA's fuckbuddy. One day I walked into his office and they were, well. I'm sure you know where this is going. So it has been very awkward between us ever since, and I'm debating if I should just fire him or not." Alexander said, staring out the window as he talked. Waiting for the french toast to cook.

"No! Don't fire him, that's so mean! Just because he satisfied his needs. I would talk to him about it though." Hennessy said, very professional sounding. Satisfying his needs. That's something Alexander hasn't done in a very long time. Not since the whole hotel incident.

He glanced across his shoulder, looking at her. She was looking down and he noticed she grabbed a magazine, reading it. Her long brown hair pooling around her face and she was biting her full lips.

"Hennessy?" Alexander said, turning around to look at her, and when he did it took all his willpower to not go over and kiss her.

"Mmhm." She muttered, looking back down and flipping the page in her magazine.

"What would you like?" He asked, not taking his eyes off her.

"Oh just some biscuits and gravy for me. So, Merry Christmas Eve Xander! Are you going to go visit your family?" Hennessy said, looking up to him with a beaming smile that was infectious.

"No. I want to spend today with you." Alexander said, staring into her eyes.

"What why? Your parents will get angry if you are spending Christmas Eve with the maid not your family." She rolled her eyes as she said it, and it didn't make any sense to her that he would want to spend the holiday with her and not his actual family.

"So what? I want you to have a nice Christmas, and you aren't just the maid Hennessy." Alexander countered and Hennessy looked away from him.

"Oh, uh. Thank you. So would you like your gift now, or tomorrow." Hennessy said, trying to deter the conversation from the whole family thing, she stood up excitedly.

"You decide."

"No. Nope. I am horrible at deciding things, if you don't decide right now you aren't getting a gift."

"Okay, tomorrow then. But I might have to go into work for a little, but I will be back." Alexander smiled at her and she stood up.

"Okay that's fine! Can I have a hug?" Hennessy asked, looking down at her slippered feet.

"Of course." He wrapped his arms around her, smiling to himself. By tomorrow, hopefully she would be his. They would be together. He couldn't believe he was falling for this girl. He was falling hard too. God, Alexander had never felt this way about a girl before. And she was totally worth it.

He didn't care what his parents would think,