chapter eight

"Yes?" Alexander said, snapping Hennessy out of her thoughts.

"I really, don't know." She muttered, looking down.

"Any siblings, family?" As soon as he said those words, Hennessy tensed up, not wanting to answer.

"Um no. Well-not really." She whispered.

"What does not really mean?" Alexander said leaning closer as he wanted to know what she meant.

"I don't really want to talk about this right now." She looked up to him, her hands fiddling under the table.

"You do not have to if you don't want to, but I would appreciate it if you would tell me at some time." He said softly, wanting her to know he was there.

"Okay. May I leave now."  Hennessy said quickly, standing up.

"Sure. Thank you, Hennessy."

"Of course, Alexander." She said, and he cringed when she said that. He wished that she called him Xander. Because he knew when she did, she felt comfortable, relaxed, happy.

"Hennessy." Alexander said, and she turned around looking at him.

"Yes?"

"I did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable.

"Okay. I will see you later." She smiled and left the room. After she left she leaned against the door, her breathing becoming labored. Hennessy quickly walked away to the laundry room, trying to occupy her thoughts.

Why did he want to know about her family? He had no need to. And would only judge her even further. She couldn't tell him. She already told him about the strip club, no way.

After she was done flipping the laundry, she walked to Alexander's bedroom. Once again, Hennessy was shocked by how big it was. She walked over to the bed, and started to remake it. Pulling the messed up sheets straight. She hummed softly to herself, singing Ariana Grande in her head.

After she was done, she grabbed the vase of flowers from by the bed, walking into the bathroom and filling it with fresh water.

When she was done cleaning his room, Hennessy cleaned the house, mopped the floors, and dried Alexander's clothes. She then decided to make him dinner. After all he had done for her, she wanted to give back to him. She went into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards and huge fridge. She decided to make pasta.

Grabbing a pot, Hennessy filled it with water and set it to a boil, grabbing fettuccine noodles and putting it in the bowl. She hummed as she made the alfredo sauce, mixing it in a saucepan.

"Xander! I made dinner." She said, smiling at herself. Hennessy hoped he would like it, as she spent at least an hour on it. Thought she wouldn't blame him if he didn't like it. She had been told many times that her cooking was trash, so she crossed her fingers that he liked it.

"What did you make?" He said, walking to the dining table.

"Um, alfredo and fettuccine. But I kept them separate just incase you didn't want the sauce. I also have some garlic bread and broccoli.

"Wow uh. This is very sweet Hennessy, thank you." He sat down next to her and smiled, grabbing a plate and loading it up with noodles and sauce. She cringed as he took a bite.

"Is it good?"

"It is fucking delicious! God! You should be a chef." Alexander looked at her proudly, with a smile.