chapter twelve

Hennessy was walking up to Alexander's office with 2 starbucks coffee's in hand. One for her and one for Alexander. She wanted to give Alexander something back, because he had to deal with her and her awful stories. She walked into the elevator and clicked the top floor. She stood there, Alexander's coffee burning her fingers through the paper cup.

The elevator doors clicked open and Hennessy got nervous. What if he didn't like the coffee she got him. What if he didn't like when she visited him. God. She knocked on his office door and heard him say 'come in'.

"Hi, Xander. I uh brought you," She started walking into the office until she noticed someone else was sitting at the desk. "Oh. Hello. I can come back if you would like."

"No, please Hennessy sit down. This is my mother." Alexander said, with a smile on his face. Hennessy cautiously walked to the seat next to his mom.

"Hi. I am Hennessy." She balanced both drinks in one hand and reached out to shake her hand. But Mrs. Dalton did not return the handshake, she sat, both hands in her lap.

"Hennessy. Odd name. You parents must be interesting people."

"Hmm. Yeah. Uh, Xander I wasn't sure what you liked so I got you an americano because I remembered you said no cream or sugar. If you like something else though let me know and I can get it for you. Shit sorry I'm rambling. I can leave now if you want to talk to your mom." Hennessy said, setting down the americano in front of Alexander. He was smiling at her. She was nervous. He hasn't ever seen her nervous. And she was fucking adorable when she was.

"What did you get." He said, taking the coffee stopper out of the coffee and started drinking it.

"What?"

"What did you get." He pointed to her venti drink.

"Oh, a passion-tango tevana, with 2 extra pumps of sweetener." She trailed off towards the end. Feeling the uncomfortable air because of his mom.

"Sit down, Hennessy."

"No, I can leave. You were obviously in the middle of a conversation with your mother. I will come back another time." Hennessy started to walk towards the door, taking a sip of her drink

"No. Mother can you please leave." Alexander said, and Hennessy was shocked. Why was he being so mean to his mother? Something must of happened before she entered the room.

"Of course, Alexander. We will finish it this discussion later." His mother stood up, and gave Hennessy a once over. In her jeans, t-shirt and huge over-sized zip up sweatshirt.

"Goodbye." Alexander said, and she left the room, closing the door behind her. Hennessy's gaze returned to him and he leaned back in his seat, drinking the coffee.

"Um. Would you like me to sit down?" Hennessy said, unsure as she was still thrown off from what just happened with his mother

"Sure. Why did you pay me a visit today?" He said, and Hennessy took off her coat, setting it on the back of the chair. She sat down and grabbed her drink.

"I just wanted to apologize. For crying so much these past few days. I really promise I am not normally that type of person." Hennessy sadly smiles, tracing her finger on the wooden desk.

"You are fine Hennessy, I want you to know I am never annoyed by you talking to me. I actually enjoy it." Alexander said, confessing what he really felt.

"Wow, really?" She chuckled, looking at him. He was wearing a smile, a real genuine one and he looked better than ever.

"Yes. I want you to know that you can talk to me anytime you need. I care about you Hennessy, and you can come to me night or day. Whatever you need." His deep voice said, and she sighed softly.