iii

*Jack*

"I don't want to go," I groan looking at Lincoln who was practically dragging me to this stupid fair. 

"Gianna will be there. Owen made sure of that," He smirks. I roll my eyes. 

"Why would I care that Gianna is there?" I ask although I know the answer.

"You've had this huge crush on her since like the fifth grade," Lincoln reminds me. He wasn't wrong. I can still remember the girl with braces and pigtails. She used to whip her pigtails at me all the time. 

"Jack," Lincoln laughs, waving his hand in front of me. I groan as I realize that the car was parked. I open the car door and climb out. Lincoln and I make our way to where Owen told us to meet. I'm looking at a little girl dance around when Lincoln nudges me. I look up to find Gianna looking back at me. I smirk at her which makes her roll her eyes in disgust. I laugh at her facial expression. 

How the hell is she so perfect without even trying?

"What are you looking at, Avery?" Gianna laughs, walking over to me. I shake my head.

"You wish it was you, Murphy," I wink at her. She rolls her eyes as Lincoln walks over to us. 

"You look good, Gianna," He smiles. My jaw clenches as she smiles and thanks him. She pushes her blonde hair behind her ear. 

"Alright, so I'm thinking we split up because I don't need you 3 ruining our little date," Kalea smiles as she winks at Gianna. I can't stand her. Gia glares at her. 

"Actually, it's just gonna be the two of you. I have a friend who's coming and I need alone time with her," Lincoln says, smirking at me. Now it's my turn to glare. He walks away, leaving Gia and I alone. 

"Well you go do whatever assholes do. I'll be here," She mumbles. 

"No, come on. Come join me. How would Kalea feel if you didn't have a good time?" I question, desperate for her to hang out with me. I would never admit it though. 

"I'd have a better day alone than with you," She groans. 

"Now that's rude," I laugh. She rolls her eyes. 

"And you care?" She laughs. "You're rude all the time." I roll my eyes at her comment.

"Fine, then you have fun doing nothing. I'm going on some rides." 

My plan works perfectly. Small footsteps follow behind me. 

"Fine. I'll join you. But only because there's this old man eyeing me and it's creeping me out," She sighs. I laugh at her reasoning and turn around to find no old man in sight. 

She lied to hang out with me? 

---

I love having no ideas for a book. Sorry this is so crappy.