ix

*Jack*

I sit in my car for what feels for forever outside of my own house, thinking about what just happened. I put my heart on the line and for once, it wasn't a mistake. 

She was annoyed though, Jack. She only said yes so you would leave. She doesn't want to actually go with you.

I push the thoughts from my mind, even though they were most likely true. All the facts pointed towards it, but there was also one fact I could ignore. She said yes. And I would get to spend the whole night with her. 

After what feels like an hour of dwelling in my car, I get out and walk into the house. My little sister Isla comes running up to me. 

"So, Prince Charming, did you get the girl?" She asks. I nod.

"I got my Cinderella," I tell her. She smiles. 

"Do you have a picture of her?" She asks. I nod and pull out my phone. I go onto Instagram and go to the search page. Sadly, I don't have to type in anything because @gia.murphyy is already in my recent searches. I click on her user and smile when her page comes up. I scroll to her most recent picture. 

It's a photo of her in the school cafeteria. She has a pencil behind her ear, nearly hidden from sight by her blonde wavy hair. She has a book in her hands but is looking in the direction of the camera. I smile as I remember watching this photo being taken. Kalea had the flash on, that's why she looked up. She looked so effortlessly beautiful. She always does. 

I show the photo to Isla and she smiles.

"She's pretty," She tells me. This catches the attention of both Ava and Sydnie. So they both walk over and look at the photo.

"Is this little Jacky's girlfriend?" Syd asks, talking the phone from me and going through some more of Gia's photos. 

"Oh shit," Syd mumbles after a few minutes. 

"What did you do?" I ask, fear taking over me.

"I kinda..." She stops and turns my phone off. 

"You kinda?" I ask, trying to hurry her to tell me so I could figure out how screwed I was. 

"Liked a photo of hers from like... 98 weeks ago," She says. I swear there was actual steam coming from my ears as I chased after her throughout the whole house. She runs into our mom's room and hides behind her. 

"What is going on here?" My mom asks, putting her hands on my shoulders to calm me. 

"She internet stalked Gia and liked a photo from almost a year ago and now she's going to think I'm stalking her!" I yell. My mom rolls her eyes. Like it wasn't a big deal. 

My phone buzzes in Syd's hands and I take it from her with a giant huff.

Gianna: So you're stalking me on ig now? 🤣

I groan in frustration before stomping off to my room, trying to figure out how to play this mess off.

---

This might be really bad and for that I apologize.. I've been really busy and also really lazy lately and haven't had much motivation to write......