vii

*Jack*

"Are you even listening to me, Avery?" Owen asks. I shake my head. 

"She's got you whipped, man," Lincoln laughs. I roll my eyes. 

"She does not," I lie. I knew she had me whipped but I'd never admit it. Especially right now. 

"Really? Then what were you thinking about?" Owen smirks. 

"The game last night." He rolls his eyes at my excuse. My eyes scan the cafeteria, hoping to see her. I find Kalea's stupid buns which leads me right to her. Her blonde hair is curled and one side is pinned up. It suits her. And the skirt she's wearing makes me literally insane. Fuck she has me so whipped. 

"You should just fucking ask her out," Lincoln laughs. I roll my eyes. 

"Girls like that don't go for guys like me," I sigh. He rolls his eyes.

"Just make some huge romantic gesture. Chicks dig that," Owen suggests. 

"Is that how you got Kalea?" 

"No. She asked me." 

"Ask her to Homecoming!" Lincoln suggests. 

"I don't know how to do this shit. She'll never listen to me." 

~*~

I take a deep breath as I sit in my car, outside of Gianna's house. I look over at the bouquet of roses sitting on the seat next to me. I shake my head, trying to rid my mind of the doubt and climb out of the car. I walk to her front door and take a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing," I sigh, as I knock on the door.