viii

*Gianna*
The doorbell rings through the house. I put my book down and make my way to the door since I was the only one home. I don't bother looking through the peephole, I just pull the door open. That was mistake number one.

Jack gives me an awkward smile as he stands there in ripped jeans and a shirt with some stupid logo written on it over and over again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to be polite even though he annoys the heck out of me.

"I..uh..." he stops and hands out the roses he was holding. "Will you go to homecoming with me?" He asks. I burst out laughing.

"Me? Go to homecoming with you? How much are you getting paid for this?" I laugh and push the roses away from me. Who knows, they could be laced with rat poison or something.

"This isn't a gimmick.  No one knows I'm here right now, Gianna. I'm here because I want to go with you to homecoming," he sighs, pushing the roses towards me again.

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" I question. He takes a moment to think about it before nodding. I roll my eyes and take the stupid flowers. Mistake number two.

"I'll pick you up at 6. And don't worry about the tickets. I'll pay," he says.

"K." I simply reply. He looks me up and down, gives me a small smile and then turns around and leaves. I look down at the stupid flowers after closing the door. Not even 5 seconds later, there's another knock on the door. I pull the door open once again to find Jack there again.

"What this time?" I groan. 

"Can I get your number? So I can tell you when I'm on my way and you could text me what color your dress is so I could find a matching tie?" He asks, holding out his phone. I roll my eyes and give him my number. Mistake number three. He thanks me before turning around and leaving for real this time. I shut the door and lean against it. I push my fingers into my temples mumbling to myself.

"What did I just get myself into?"