v

*Jack*

I watch as Gianna talks with the little boy. I smile as the little boy wraps his small arms around her neck, a smile replacing his frown from minutes ago. When she comes back, there's a huge smile on her face. 

I make a douchey comment about her being too nice which leads to a huge fight. I call her name as she walks away but she doesn't turn around. I hear her call a few words back. 

Her words play through my head. And to think. I was having a good time with you.

I recall the way my heart flutter at her admission to having a good time with me despite her harsh tone. 

"Mister?" Someone asks. I turn around to see the boy from earlier, the one that she gave the fish to, standing there, looking up at me.

"Yeah?" I ask harshly. 

"Can you go thank her again for me?" He asks. I nod before turning around and walking after Gianna. I should have done this earlier instead of having a kid pathetically push me in her direction. 

I find her sitting on a bench just outside of the fair.

"Gia," I mumble, looking at her. She goes to stand up but I pull her to sit down next to me. 

"What do you want?" She groans. I stare at her for a second.

What did I want? Cause it sure as hell wasn't to thank her for the kid. 

"I'm sorry." The words seem foreign coming out of my mouth. She bursts out laughing, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"Your Jack Avery. Jack Avery isn't sorry for anything," She laughs as she stands up and starts to walk away.

"But I'm Gianna Murphy. And Gianna Murphy is never impolite. So... uh... thank you for the almost enjoyable night." With that, she turns around and walks towards the parking lot.

I'm stuck thinking about her words. Did she really think I wasn't sorry for anything. I mean, okay, I didn't actually really mean the apology but I'm so love-struck that I'd do it just to see her smile. I can't help but feel heart broken as I look up, hoping to see her running back but only seeing darkness.

---

This is kinda sucky.... Sorry!