Prologue

Once upon a time, their were the elements of Harmony. Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, Honesty, Kindness, and the greatest one of all, Magic. 

They were bonded with six ponies, Pinkie Pie who's Laughter, Rarity Generosity, Rainbow Dash Loyalty, AppleJack Honesty, Fluttershy kindness, and Twilight Sparkle Magic. And together they saved Equestria from evil. You may have thought, they lived happily ever after right?

Well there was one, Fluttershy. She didn't enjoy the life she was given, of course she was honored to be able to defend off evil from the land, but she didn't enjoy all the pressure and stress it came with. But what could she have done? The ponies depended on her to be the element of Kindness. Fluttershy couldn't help but think what would happen if she had failed? Would they hate her for all eternity? 

Because of all of this she left, ran away, and left her element behind. After the mane five (Because Fluttershy left, they were no longer the mane six, but the mane five) found out she was missing, they were devastated. Especially AppleJack and Rainbow Dash, who were Fluttershy's closest friends out of all of them. 

On Fluttershy's bed they had found her element. They all decided that it should be guarded in case she made a return. Twilight made the royal guards protect it with their life, so no thief could take it. 

After days of sadness, Twilight finally went on a search for Fluttershy. She told the others to stay behind in case she came back while Twilight was looking all over. 

The news soon spreaded all over Equestria about Twilight, soon enough to reach Fluttershy. She then new she could no longer hide in Canterlot. Fluttershy flew all the way to Ponyville since if she went on train, the ponies would recognize her and bring her to the mane five. Fluttershy couldn't let that happen. 

As she made it to Ponyville, she ran to her house to get the one thing she couldn't live without. Fluttershy grabbed it and ran deep into the EverFree Forest, which was the last place Fluttershy knew Twilight wouldn't think of because Fluttershy had always been terrified to go inside, but she wasn't scared now. 

But she didn't come alone, she had Angle Bunny with her to keep Fluttershy company. She searched for a place to live when she spotted a cave with vines covering the entrance. She went through them to find on the other side a wide space of land that stretched far and beyond. Fluttershy knew she could live here because vines were covering the entrance, so she got to work. 

After finally putting the last touches she had build a cottage. She quickly went inside and got comfortable, but that only lasted a second as she began to think about what would happen if Twilight had found her. 

Fluttershy was so scared to get caught she let her anxiety take over. Fluttershy began to board up all the windows, only letting little slits of light shine through. She sighed. 

It was the only way to make sure no pony found her. She vowed to never leave her cottage, so no pony could take her back and make Fluttershy the element of Kindness once more.

-------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Canterlot, after Twilight left to go find Fluttershy, the others decided to do something special to remember Fluttershy. 

Every year, on her birthday, they would release new- born Butterflies out in the night sky, but not just normal Butterflies but ones that glow in the dark with every color there was. 

Everypony would release them hoping that one day Fluttershy will return. 

Hope you enjoyed the story so far!