Chapter. 11

They were on a boat with Discord rowing.  He turned around to see Hercules sitting down on the dock, watching the two. Discord smiled. "Hey" He poofed up some dog treats and tossed it to him. Hercules eyed Discord. "What? I bought them" Discord scoffed. Hercules bit into two of the dog treats. "Most of them" Discord sly smirked. "Where are we going?" Fluttershy asked. "Best day of your life" Discord replied. 

It was night fall by then as Discord brought them to the middle of the lake. They overlooked the Canterlot Castle. Fluttershy looked down. Discord caught this and asked, "You okay?". The mare sighed. "I'm terrified" She responded. "Why?" He said in disbelief. 

"I've been dreaming what it would feel like when those Butterflies go in the sky." She paused. "What if they are not everything I thought they be?" Fluttershy looked at him. "It will be" Discord stated. "And what if it is? What then?" Fluttershy exclaimed. Discord looked to the side. "Well, thats the good part" He turned back to the yellow mare. "You get to go find a new dream". Fluttershy smiled before looking at the castle again. 

------------------------------

Apple Jack placed her hoof against a drawing of Fluttershy. Her eyes were hot. Rainbow was besides her, the tears coming down. Rarity's head appeared at the door. "Its time" She uttered. They nodded and got up. 

Pinkie and Rarity were waiting at the balcony. "Its been twenty years, I don't think she's comin' back" Apple Jack whimpered. "Don't say that! She will" Pinkie spoke softly. "Lets just do this" Rainbow walked over to the jar with a glowing pink butterfly inside. 

"J-just l-like her cutie m-mark!" Rainbow burst into tears holding onto Apple Jack. "Come on y'all lets release this Butterfly together" Apple Jack looked at the three ponies. They nodded in agreement. 

The ponies slowly lifted the jar up and the pink butterfly flew out.

------------------------------

Fluttershy was playing with some flowers Discord poofed up with. She placed them in the water. The yellow mare then noticed a glowing figure reflecting on the water. She looked up to see it was a glowing pink butterfly.

All those days, watching from the windows

All those years, outside looking in

Fluttershy stumbled to the edge of the boat, wanting a better look. 

Never even knowing 

Just how blind I've been

More and more appeared, flapping their little wings. 

Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight

Now I'm here

Suddenly I see, standing here

It's oh, so clear

I'm where I'm meant to be

Fluttershy watched in awe as they all brightened the night sky.

And at last, I see the Butterflies

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last, I see the Butterflies

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright 

And the world as somehow shifted 

Fluttershy dropped her gaze realizing something.

All at once

Everything looks different

She turned around to see Discord with two jars with Butterflies in them. Fluttershy went over to him. "I have something for you too" Fluttershy pulled up the bag. "I should have given it to you before, but I was scared to, and the thing is I'm not scared anymore, you know what I mean?" Fluttershy said. To her surprise Discord made her put down the satchel. "I'm starting to" He smiled warmly at her. Fluttershy smiled back. Then they opened the jars and the Butterflies came out. 

All those days

Chasing down a daydream

The Butterflies they released flew around together. 

All those years

Living in a blur

All that time, never truly seeing

Things the way they were

Discord looked at Fluttershy, admiring how she looked. Her pink silk-like mane, teal eyes, and her lovely Buttercream coat. Oh Celestia, she was beautiful. 

Now she's here

Shining in the starlight

Suddenly I know

If she's here

It's crystal clear 

I'm where I'm meant to go

Discord grabbed her hoof and placed it on his paw. Fluttershy was taken aback before accepting his offer. They holded each other's hooves or paw/claw. 

And at last, I see the Butterflies

They locked eyes. Discord couldn't stop smiling lovingly at Fluttershy.

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last, I see the Butterflies 

And it's like the sky is new

And its warm and real and bright

And the world has some how shifted

All at once

Everything is different

Now that I see you

They leaned in closer. Discord cupped her face.

Now that I see you..

Their lips were inches away. Discord was about to give Fluttershy a kiss when he saw something at the corner of his eye. He narrowed his eyes, trying to see what it was. Then he felt a lump in his throat. Trek and Sombra.