Learning how to use the Kit

(Y/N)'s POV:

It had been years since meeting RN. We were far away from civilization and I was out of his cockpit.

I gazed at the helmet in my hands. "So.... how do I put this on?"

RN knelt down. "TAKE THE JUMP KIT AND PUT IT ON YOUR BACK. ONCE ON YOUR BACK, TIGHTEN THE RESTRAINTS. ONCE DONE, PUT ON THE HELMET."

I nodded. "Right."

After some time, I got the kit on and slipped on the helmet. It booted up and after around five minutes of running around so it could calibrate to my body, the double jump was now active.

"What now?"

RN stood up and walked over to a course he had set up. "NOW YOU RUN THIS COURSE. PAR TIME IS FIVE MINUTES. YOU MUST DO IT UNDER THREE TO PASS."

I nodded. "Got it."

Rushing forwards, the kit on my back gave me a huge boost in speed as I runned, jumped, and slid my way through the course. Sliding back to the starting line, I looked at RN.

"How'd I do?"

"YOU DID WELL, PILOT. YOU MANAGED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IN FIFTY SECONDS."

"Sooooo.... I passed?"

"AFFIRMATIVE."

I smiled. "Sweet!"

Suddenly, RN grabbed me and put me in his cockpit. He began to move. "POLICE DETECTED. HOSTILE INTENT PRESENT. WE MUST MOVE, PILOT."

I sighed. "Fine, fine. How are you holding up, RN?"

"HULL: NO DAMAGE.
OPTICS: OK
MOTORS: FUNCTIONAL
CORE: SWORD CORE READY.
POWER: 28%
I RECOMMEND YOU FIND A REPLACEMENT POWER SOURSE."

I rolled my eyes as I took off the kit. "Thirteen years and NOW you tell me."

"I DID NOT WISH FOR YOU TO SPEND YOUR MONEY ON ME, PILOT. FOOD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN POWER."

I slipped off my helmet and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Really? Look at it like this: how are you supposed to uphold your protocols if you don't have any power?"

RN was silent for a bit. "WELL PUT. AS SOON AS WE HAVE EVADED AUTHORITY, WE SHALL ENTER TOWN."

"No! Only me, alright? I don't want the hassle of you following me."

"BUT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO UPHOLD PROTOCOL THREE IF I AM NOT NEAR-BY?"

"Simple. If I get into trouble, I'll run towards you."

"UNDERSTOOD. GOOD LUCK, PILOT."

RN opened up and I leaped out, my hood on my sweater covering my wolf ears. As I walked, I took notice of all the store and alleys. Finding a store I knew well, I walked in, careful of any police.

"Hello! Welcome to From Dust till Dawn!" The shop clerk flashed me a smile.

I smiled and walked over to him. "Hi."

"Ah! (Y/N)! What can I do for you?"

I looked around, feeling super nervous. "I need a favor. It's kinda expensive."

"Oh? What is it?"

"I need Dust. More specifically, Lightning Dust."

He smirked and grew quite. "How much?"

I pointed at a tube the size of a Titan battery. "That much."

He gave it a look and then back at me. "For that robot of yer's?"

I nodded.

"I like dat robot. It's on the house, kiddo."

I smiled. "Thank you."

Grabbing the tube, I filled it up with the Dust I need, then left the store, sticking to the shadows. People usually don't get this much Dust willy-nilly. The police are bound to interrogate you if they spot you. And when that happens, they usually arrest you if your Faunus.

"PILOT. YOU'RE BACK. DID YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Where can I plug this in?"

RN ejected a spent power cell and tossed it aside. "IN HERE."

Climbing up, I knelt before the port. Noticing two prongs in the bottom, I stabbed two holes in the bottom of the container, then swiftly put the tube in.

"That do it?"

"CALCULATING.... POWER AT ONE HUNDRED PERCENT."

I sighed. "Good. Now what?"

RN opened up and held his hand out. "I RECOMMEND YOU GO TO SLEEP. THE TIME IS CURRENTLY EIGHT PM."

I nodded. "If you say so, bud. Goodnight." I climbed in and draped a blanket over the seat.

RN stood back up. "REST WELL, PILOT."

And with that, I drifted to sleep.

Second chapter! Third will have some action, but not much. I have yet to fully make a personality for the Titan. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to comment!

Anyways, bye!