Luck is Turning Around

(Y/N)'s POV:
Approximately three hours later...

It was sunset and to wake me up, RN decided to blare "Wake Me Up" at full volume in a sound-proof cockpit.

"OKAY OKAY, I'M UP!"

RN stopped the music. "IT IS SUNSET."

"Yeah, I kinda assumed that WHEN YOU WOKE ME UP BY DESTROYING MY HEARING!!!"

RN started to correct me, but I simply slipped my weapons onto my back and leapt out.

"PILOT. ARE YOU SURE ABOUT BRINGING YOUR WEAPONS OUT IN PUBLIC?"

I smirked at my friend/mentor. "Yeah. I mean, I don't look like a criminal, now do I?"

"YOU MAKE A SOLID POINT. TAKE CARE, PILOT."

Smiling, I walked into Vale, careful to avoid any cops. I walked up to a food stand and the man smiled at me.

"Care for a hot dog?"

"How much?"

"Ten lien."

I have enough. "Sure."

I handed him the money and he gave me the hot dog. Walking away, I watched as the streets got less and less busy, but people were still out and about. As soon as I finished my food, I made my way to From Dust till Dawn and entered. Inside, a girl in red was standing before the magazines, reading one about weapons. She had red headphones on and didn't bother me, so I didn't bother her. Instead, I slipped my own buds in and began to read up on the news.

Another robbery happened last night? Dang.

As I read, I had RN check for anyone trying to sneak up on me. So far, nothing was happening. The girl finished her magazine and swapped to a different one. This one had a logo for the Schnee company on the back.

Ugh, the Schnees. They are practically slavers! I have yet to meet a rich person who isn't snobby or corrupt.

RN: PILOT, BE ADVISED. SUSPICIOUS GROUP HEADED TOWARDS YOUR LOCATION. FIVE PRESENT. FOUR ARE JUNIOR'S GOONS.

Thanks RN.

I glanced behind me and took out my earbuds. A ginger pimp walked right up to my friend, the shop keep. I heard every word.

"Do you know how hard it is to find a Dust shop open so late?"

A goon aimed his gun at the old man.

"P-please! Just take my Lien and leave!"

Ginger Pimp shook his head, smiling. "Shh shh shh. We're not here for your money." He looked at the men he most likely hired. "Grab the Dust."

They began looting the place and Ginger Pimp placed a padded box on the glass counter. "Crystals. Burn, uncut."

The keep obeyed and a henchman made his way to my side of the shop. I looked away, acting oblivious.

"Huh? Alright, put your hands where I can see them.... I said, put your hands where I can see them! You got a death wish or something?"

He spun the girl and I around and pointed at his ear. We took off our headphones.

"Yes?" The girl gazed up at the man with her silver eyes.

"I said, put your hands where I can see them!"

She looked him up and down. "Are you... robbing us?"

"Yes!"

"Oooohhhhh...."