Escape

Your PoV:

I fell. And fell. And fell.

I saw Rose lean over the edge with tears in her eyes. Felix looked at me, shocked as Locus faced the officers, rifle in hand.

I flipped over and grabbed a branch. It snapped at my speed and I Phase Shifted through several branches. I slammed into the ground and my vision flashed red.

RN, where are you? RN?

I got no response.

Our Neural Link must be damaged. He'll find me, I just need to survive.

Ignoring the pain it caused me, I stood up and started to run away. My Aura was shot and it felt like every one of my bones were either broken or dislocated. Pain shot through my leg as I stepped on a pile of moss.

GAH! The hell?! Moss should be soft!

Turning around, I saw a robot on its knees. Moss was slowly making its way up the thing. Making my way to its front, I was a data core. I was standing before a Titan.

Giving it a quick tap, I watched as it booted back up. It stood straight up, then looked at me.

"PROTOCOLS RESET. PROTOCOL ONE: LINK TO PILOT. PLEASE EMBARK." The Titan had female programming.

RN'll understand.

I lept into her cockpit and the Neural Link was formed. It stung just like when I linked with RN, but the pain went away quicker.

"LINK ESTABLISHED. PROTOCOL TWO: UPHOLD THE MISSION. NO CURRENT MISSION.
PROTOCOL THREE: PROTECT THE PILOT. I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE."

"Thanks. What is your designation?"

"I AM IN-7929, AN ION-CLASS TITAN. NICE TO MEET YOU."

"Nice to meet you, too. Let's move."

"PILOT MODE ENGAGED."

I started away from Beacon and didn't stop until we crossed paths with a familiar Ronin.

RN lowered his Leadwall. "PILOT, IS THAT YOU?"

"Yep." I lept out of Ion.

RN opened up. "OUR LINK HAS BEEN DAMAGED. PLEASE EMBARK SO THE LINK CAN BE RE-ESTABLISHED."

I climbed in and RN solidified our Link. As I got out, a wave of nausea came over me, but I shrugged it off. Turning around, I gazed at my two Titans.

"Now what?"

"I RECOMMEND WE LEAVE THE AREA. POLICE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU."

I nodded. "Right. Let's go."

And with that, we put Beacon behind us. We didn't top until we were miles away from civilization. Ion left to gather materials for a fire as I retrived the Pilot suit from RN. As I zipped it up, I turned my head to look at RN, who was gazing off in the distance.

"Something wrong, RN?"

"YES. IT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE NEURAL LINK WITHOUT MAJOR HARM TO YOURSELF."

"And yet I've done just that. Is there some way of having multiple Links?"

"CHECKING... IN THEROY, YES. THERE IS A LINE OF PILOTS WHO HAVE THE CAPABILITY OF LINKING TO MULTIPLE TITANS. THIS ABILITY SEEMS TO BE PASSED THROUGH BLOOD. SADLY, THE DATA IS CORRUPTED AND I CAN'T MAKE OUT THE LINE'S NAME."

I sighed and clipped the helmet to my hip. Ion came back with great fire wood and RN asisted her with starting a fire. The three of us sat around the fire as we planned our next move.

Ion offered an idea first. "HOW ABOUT WE SEND A MESSAGE TO YOUR TEAM LETTING THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE ALIVE?"

I shook my head. "Too risky. We need to lay low, make it seem that I've died."

RN gazed at me, his core color changing from blue to purple. "ARE YOU SUGESTING WE BECOME MERCENARIES?"

"Yeah, that'll work. We need new names. Ion, you're good. RN, you need a nickname and I need a false one."

Ion poked the fire with RN's sword. "HOW ABOUT WE CALL YOU ETHER?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that'll work. Now onto RN..."

We sat there, unsure as to what RN'll be called. Eventually, a snake crossed my vision. A smile tugged at my lips.

"Snake."

The Titans looked at me. "SNAKE?"

"Yes, Snake."

"UNDERSTOOD."

We put out the fire and I fell asleep in Snake.