Forever Falls

Rose's PoV:

I woke up and got dressed for the field trip. TOM spoke to me as the others slowly got up.

TOM: MY POWER LEVELS HAVE DROPPED TO 60%. I RECOMMEND YOU FIND A REPLACEMENT BATTERY.

Not now, TOM. I've got a field trip.

TOM: UNDERSTOOD. STAY SAFE, ROSE.

I slipped my bow into my hair and turned to see (Y/N) sitting on the edge of his bed, eyes barely open. Despite my wishes, my cheeks started to heat up from how cu- I mean how cool he was. The others got ready and we left for the Bullheads. The flight was uneventful, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen...

------------------
Timeskip provided by RWBY Chibi!: You come across RN doing pull-ups on an ancient tree!
------------------

We were following Glynda Goodwitch trough the forest. Suddenly, she began to talk.

"Yes students, the forest of Forever Falls is beautiful, but Professor Peach has asked each and every one of you to gather one jar worth of red sap. Stay on your guard, Grimm populate the forest. Stick with your team and nothing will happen. Meet back here by noon."

I noticed Jaune getting pulled along with CRDL. My eyes narrowed. What do they have against Jaune that let them boss him around?

I shook my head and jammed my spear into a tree. Pulling it out, I stuck a tap in and positioned a jar underneath. Smiling, I sat against the tree and closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun. Someone sat next to me and I opened an eye to see who it was. My heart skipped a beat. (Y/N) was sitting with me!

Gah! No! He's my teammate; my leader! That's just wrong!

Looking to my left, I saw the jar I had placed was already full. Closing the tap momentarily, I swapped the jar with an empty one and started to fill one for my own use. As I sat there, the sound of a jar shattering rang out across the forest. Worried, I got up and held my spear out.

Is something coming?

Slowly, I walked towards the source of the sound and saw Jaune fighting an Alpha Ursa! The thing was so huge and fear-inducing, I froze in my tracks. I couldn't move, no matter how many times I tried!

Helpless, I watched as Jaune charged the Ursa. His shield dipped and my eyes widened.

He's going to get ki- huh?

I saw a black aura surround his shield and it raised up. Looking to the left, I saw Pyrrah with her hand raised. Mentally, I face-palmed.

Her Semblance is Polarity! Stupid me for not remembering that!

Jaune took the thing's head off with one swing and the feeling in my legs returned. Smiling, I walked back to my jars and picked them up. (Y/N) stood up and picked his jar up.

"Noon's closing in. Best we start heading back."

I nodded, unable to form words. Felix and Locus found their way back to us and we returned to Beacon. We were not ready for the mayor and a contingent of police officers.

What's wrong? Did something happen?

---------------------
PoV swap!
---------------------

Your PoV:

The sight of the mayor arguing with Ozpin made me worry. What are they arguing about?

The Bullhead landed and the mayor turned to see me. A grin formed on his lips. Acting calm, I walked out, only for officers to surround me.

"Hey! What's going on?!?"

The Chief Officer strode right up to me and procured... A WARNET?!?! "You are under arrest for murder, theft, and affiliation with the White Fang!"

Slowly, I backed up to the edge of the cliff. They followed me.

"Surender! You've got nowhere to run!"

My few options ran through my head. Behind the mayor and officers, I noticed Ozpin give Glynda a wink and she drew her riding crop. She slowly approached me and I saw Ozpin mouthing something.

Run.

Looking at Glynda, she gave me a slight nod and I realized what they were trying to tell me.

Run. We'll protect your team.

I let out a sigh and slowly raised my hands. The officers picked up their pace but froze when they saw me leaning back. When they realized what I was doing, They tried to rush and grab me, but I had already lept away from the cliff.

I was in freefall.