Close Call

(Y/N)'s POV:
One year later....

I woke up, yawning.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PILOT."

I smiled. "You remembered."

"OF COURSE I DID. I HAVE IT MARKED ON MY CALENDAR."

I chuckled, then started to comb my hair. "Any training today, RN?"

"NEGATIVE. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF WE TOOK A BREAK FROM TRAINING."

I smiled, then pulled up my hood. "Right. Anyways, I'm gunna go out and see if I can't get a bite to eat."

"TAKE CARE, PILOT. I RECOMMEND HIDING A DATA KNIFE ON YOUR PERSON."

"Always the nagging parent, I see." I slipped a knife under my shirt.

"I DETECT SARCASM."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, RN, that was sarcasm. Care to open up?"

"OPENING MAIN HATCH."

I jumped out and landed on my feet. Looking back at RN, I watched as he drew his shotgun and begin to scan the forest. "Power levels."

"99%. DUST COMBUSTS AT AN EXTREMELY SLOW RATE, PILOT. TO BE EXACT, IT COMBUSTS AT A RATE OF 0.00000-"

"I get it, it get it. Dust degrades very slowly."

RN turned around and looked at me. "WHAT IS COMMONLY THOUGHT OF AS REMNANT'S POWER HOUSE?"

"Oh, for- Atlas."

"GOOD. A PILOT MUST ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED."

I rolled my eyes and walked away. RN loves to give me pop quizzes. "To refresh my memory" as he says. Psht, right.

As I walked through Vale, RN spoke to me via our neural link.

RN: PILOT, I DETECT THREE HUMANS COMING YOUR WAY. THEY HAVE A FAUNUS WITH THEM. ALL ARE ARMED.

Intent?

RN: UNKNOWN. I ADVISE CAUTION, PILOT.

"Hey there!" They were female.

"Hey."

"What you doing?"

I turned around slightly to look at them. They indeed had a Faunus with them. "Was just going out to eat."

They looked at each other, then a woman with sunglasses smirked at me. "Care if we tag along?"

"Uh, er."

RN, what's your call?

RN: THEY DON'T SEEM TO MEAN HARM. I RECOMMEND THEY TAG ALONG.

If you say so....

"I guess so..."

This dude with a huge sword took a step forwards. "Hey, something wrong?"

"N-not really... Just... quiet."

"Ah."

We resumed walking and they pulled me into a restaurant owned by a human. They got us a table and when I stated I hardly have any money, the woman with the sunglasses laughed.

"Don't worry! We've got ya! Ain't that right, Velvet?" She looked at the Bunny-Faunus.

"Hu? Oh, yes. Don't worry...."

"(Y/N)."

They smiled. "Well, nice to meet you, (Y/N). We're Team CFVY!"

They introduced themselves and our food arrived. As we ate, Coco asked me a question.

"Say, (Y/N), care to go shopping with us? We can get you some new clothes."

RN: I RECOMMEND YOU DO SO, PILOT. THEY HARBOR NO ILL INTENT.

Alright.

"Sure. I'll bite."

Coco smirked and as soon as we were done, she led all of us to the closest store. She helped me pick out an outfit and led me to the nearest changing room. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I put on the clothes she picked and gazed at myself in the mirror.

"Wow."

I had woodland camo jeans on, black sneakers with red highlights, a forest green hoodie on, along with black gloves that had exposed fingers. Smiling, I changed back and walked out to a smirking Coco.

"Well?"

"They're great! Thanks!"

"No prob."

She paid for the clothes for me and we took our separate paths. As I walked, I accidentally ran into Cardin Winchester, son of the mayor.

"Watch it!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

He shoved me, causing my hood to fall down. He gazed at my (H/c) ears, then smirked.

"Looks like we have a dirty Faunus, boys!"

His friends walked up and surrounded me. Panic began to shoot through my veins.

RN: PILOT. THEY WISH TO SEE YOU IN JAIL. IF YOU ATTACK, THEY WILL PLAY INNOCENT. IF YOU DON'T, THEY WILL HARM YOU.

How do I get out?!?

RN: HOLD ON....

They got closer and closer, anxiety growing with each step. They got close enough to feel and that's when Cardin raised his fist. Fear consumed me and I got ready for the punch, but then, the strangest thing happened. They vanished and the world around me turned grey.

Not thinking about it, I ran away, towards the forest. Eventually, the world turned to normal and I looked at my hands. A (A/C) glow washed over my body and I gasped.

"Wait! Was that my Semblance?!?"

RN walked over to me. "IT SEEMS THAT YOUR SEMBLANCE ALLOWS YOU TO ENTER THE PHASE REALM AT WILL. USED CORRECTLY, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO AMBUSH YOUR ENEMIES."

I gazed at RN. "That's so cool!!!"

RN looked around, then opened up. "YOU HAVE HAD A LONG DAY, PILOT. YOU MAY EMBARK IF YOU WISH."

I nodded. "Sure. I might as well take a nap."

"IF YOU WISH, I CAN WAKE YOU AT SUNSET."

"Sure. Then I can eat and explore the city a bit."

"GOODNIGHT, PILOT."

And thus, I drifted to sleep. Glad I managed to escape Cardin and his friends.

RN's PoV:

As I waited for my Pilot to fall asleep, a crow perched on a branch. It stared at me, so I stared back and scanned it. What my scan yielded confused me. This bird had a human's mind, which shouldn't be possible.

"HELLO?"

The bird cawed, then flew away.

Interesting....