Faunus

(Y/N)'s PoV:

I woke up to Rose singing Basket Case practically at the top of her lungs. Rolling my eyes, I sat up and thought to RN.

Hey, you've been quiet lately. You good?

RN: I AM FINE, PILOT. BUT YOU MAY NOT BE IN TWO SECONDS.

Wait, why?

Rose glanced at me as she was dancing, continued for several seconds, then froze. Slowly, she turned around to face me and we stood there.

"(Y/N)?"

I tilted my head. "Yeah?"

"Are those-......" She didn't finish her sentence as she simply pointed at my head.

I sat there, confused. What are what?

RN: PILOT. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT WISH TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR HOOD.

My hood? What about- OH OUM NO!!!!

My hood had fallen while I was asleep. I panickly pulled my hood up as I gestured for Rose to be quiet. She looked around for a bit before crossing her arms.

"We will have a discussion later."

I sighed. Yes ma'am.

Changing into my uniform, the four of us headed to Professor Oobleck's classroom. The place was a mess and several students were already sitting in class. Oobleck slid to us, almost literally.

"Ah, why hello there! I take it you're Team DMND?"

We looked at each other and slowly nodded. He took a fast sip of his drink.

"Splendid! Yes! Yes, splendid! Go on, take a seat. Class will start soon." Another sip.

Geeze, what is that thing full of? Raw stimulant?

RN: IF I WAS NEARBY, I COULD TRY AND SCAN IT. ALAS, I AM CLOSE, YET TOO FAR.

Really, RN. Really.

RN: I AM TRYING TO LEARN SARCASM.

Wha-! You-! RN, you can't "learn" sarcasm! It's something you are born with!

RN: FINE. I GUESS I WILL BE HE-MAN.

Uh, why?

I felt RN draw his sword and hoist it into the sky, the blade crackling with electricity. RN: CAUSE I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

Felix waved his hand in my face. "Remnant to (Y/N)!"

I snapped out of my trance-like state. "Huh? Oh, sorry. I have a habit of zoning out. A lot."

"We noticed." Locus was already sitting down.

I sat down, too, and tried my damnedest to track and understand Oobleck. He rambled on and on about why it is important to learn history. Some random kid raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"The hell does history have to do with fighting monsters? Just a waste of time if you ask me." It was Cardin, who had his feet kicked up on his desk. I noticed him wink at Rose and she made a look of utter disgust.

You and RN: SHOT DOWN!!!!!!

Oobleck frowned at Cardin. "Mr. Winchester! Although you my be the son of the mayor, that makes you no different from your fellow students! Feet! Desk! Off!"

Cardin rolled his eyes and took his feet off his desk. Oobleck then answered his question.

"We study history because-"

I raised my hand, causing Oobleck to let out a sigh.

"Yes, Mr. (L/N)?"

"We study history because if you don't know what made your foes how they are now, you will have a hard time getting through them. And no, brute force does not work. Huntsmen and Huntresses are expected to find the least violent solution to a problem involving humans and Faunuses. Sorry, I just wanted to say what I thought was the answer to Cardin's question."

Oobleck blinked at me several times before shouting. "Precisely! That is exactly why we study history! So if you feel so inclined, turn off your Scrolls and pay attention!" He glared at CRDL.

Class resumed and our class with Oobleck ended. Before I left, I walked up to Oobleck and pointed at his mug.

"May I ask what's in that? Because you move way too fast for it to be natural."

"That shall be for another- oh?"

I gazed at the professor's curious-filled eyes, which were affixed to my hair. "Professor? What's wrong?"

"One, DOCTOR. Two..." he simply pointed at my hair.

Uh, what?

RN: HOOD.

Oh for-!

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm a Faunus. I-. I gotta go...."

He nodded as I pulled my hood up and ran after my team. They were in the dorm. Locus was quietly doing his homework while Felix played with his knife. Rose was standing in the center of the room, tapping her foot repeatedly her arms crossed in front of her. She saw me and her eyes narrowed.

Uh oh....

Felix noticed her pissed attitude. "What's got you so riled up?"

Rose stormed over to me and I yelped a little. She grabbed hold of my hood and yanked it down, revealing my wolf ears. Felix cursed in surprise and Locus calmly looked behind himself. He let out a low chuckle.

"Did we really seem so shallow?"

He returned to his work as Rose.... started petting me? Felix seemingly choked as he watched this. She cooed as she felt my ears and my knees began to go weak.

"Rose?"

She paused to look at Felix. "Yeah?"

He pointed the blade of his knife at me. "I think he's about to pass out."

Rose gazed at me and saw the effects of her, uh. I actually don't have a word to describe what she just did. She tilted her head.

"Did your parents not pet your ears?"

I winced. Felix saw.

"Hey, you okay? You just winced."

I sat down on my bed. Without thinking much about it, I recounted my life story, substituting RN for a warrior-scholar person. You know, like that villager dude that raised the Prince in "Take Back the Night". They had sympathetic looks on their faces and asked what happened to them.

I lied through my teeth. "Lost contact soon after getting accepted into Beacon."

Felix yawned. "Bummer. Listen, we're here if you need. You know Locus will mess up anyone who threatens us. Hard shell, sorta soft inside. Night."

He fell asleep. Locus closed his book and turned around.

"Talks too much. But Felix isn't lying. Tell us if someone's harassing you. They'll get a rude awakening in Glynda's class." He said that last part while gazing at his loaded grenade launcher.

Rose and I gulped nervously. We retired to our beds and I thought about what Felix and Locus said. No. I don't need someone else to fight MY battles. I'll do it myself.

Just saying, the poll is still going on!

Give RN a good nickname!