I'm Sorry, WHAT?!?!?

(Y/N)'s PoV:

I sat there, next to Red, as we listened to the Huntress berate us. No matter how many times she told me to, I didn't lower my hood.

"You, young lady, are in a lot of trouble! Not only did you punt yourself in harm's way, you put others in great danger, too!"

I spoke up. "My stunt with rushing that man was purely my fault. Not her's!"

She stopped and glared at me. "I'm not talking about that. And put that hood down!"

I refused. She continued on. "If it were up to me, I'd send you home with a pat on the back..."

The girl smiled while my face grew somber.

The Huntress looked at us with a frown. "... and a slap on the wrist!" She flicked her riding crop at us, causing the both of us to pull our hands away, scared.

Her tone became more calm. "But, there is someone here who would like to meet you."

She stepped aside to reveal a man in mostly all green. He had a mug in one hand and a platter of cookies in the other. The man leaned in to gaze at the girl's eyes.

"Ruby Rose.... you... have silver eyes..."

Uh, what?

Ruby was also confused and creeped out. "Uh, um."

He stood back up and gestured to a tablet the Huntress was holding showing a recording of our fight. "So, how did you learn to do this?"

"Uh, s-Signal Academy."

He looked shocked to head that. "They taught you how to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?!?"

"W-well, one teacher in particular."

He smiled. "I see..." he placed the platter down and Ruby began vacuuming the cookies into her mouth. I noticed small strawberries had been slipped into the cookies. The man turned his attention to me.

"And you, young lad. You're a mystery. Not only do you refuse to lower your hood, we also don't have any records about you. Care to give us your name?"

I looked around and sighed. "(Y-Y/N) (L/N)."

The man looked at the Huntress as she searched for any records about me. "Nothing, sir."

The man looked back at me. "Was that a false name?"

I shook my head. "No sir. That's my real name. I've been an orphan for practically my entire life. I don't remember my parents."

The man gave me a curious look. "Why didn't your parents drop you off at an orphanage? There are numerous ones in the Kingdom of Vale."

I sighed. "It's the reason why I don't want to lower my hood."

All eyes were on me. With a reluctant sigh, I pulled my hood down and let my head drop into my arms as my (h/c) ears popped up. I expected the worse.

"Why do you keep your Faunus heritage a secret?"

I glared at the man. "Why do you think?!?"

He sighed. Looking back and forth between Ruby and I, a smirk grew on his lips. "Do you know who I am?"

I shook my head. "No."

Ruby did. "You're Professor Ozpin, Headmaster at Beacon."

He smiled. "Hello."

"Nice to meet you."

"Do you wish to come to my school?"

Ruby's eyes widened while my ears perked up. I shook my head, disbelieving.

"Say what now?"

Ozpin smiled at me. "Do you wish to come to my school? You have proven yourself as a capable fighter."

It took me around a minute to process what he had just said. When I did, my eyes widened.

"Uh, um."

"We will provide you with free shelter along with an exceptional learning curriculum."

RN: I ADVISE TAKING HIM ON HIS OFFER. IN OUR CURRENT STATE, THIS IS THE BEST CHOICE.

"I'll do it."

Ozpin smiled at me. "Good choice. The shuttle to the school leaves at twelve in the afternoon. I recommend you be on time. Good day."

He got up and left with the Huntress, setting Ruby and I free. I pulled my hood back up and Ruby bolted out the door, forgetting all about me. I followed after we, walking in almost a trance.

When I came back to RN, he picked me up and placed me in his cockpit.

"I RECOMMEND YOU SLEEP. YOU HAVE A LONG DAY TOMORROW."

I couldn't keep my eyes open and thus fell asleep. I just got into Beacon. Freakin' Beacon. The hell just happened?