Chapter 4

Maddie's POV

"Was it wrong of me to invite Bella to the wedding?" I ask my mom, taking things from the cardboard boxes and putting them away. We are unpacking in mine and Caleb's new house.

She stops for a moment and looks at the floor. She looks back up at me, "I wouldn't think so, honey. How did she react?"

"She said she would come. I don't want to hurt her in any way. I feel bad for inviting her, but I don't, if that makes sense. I don't want her to be upset watching us get married, but I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings if she found out she wasn't invited."

"I get what you're saying," she says, putting a box off to the side, "but it is her choice to come or not. If it will make her upset, she shouldn't go."

I nod my head as I hear the doorbell ring, "I'll get it," I say.

I walk downstairs and open the door to see a smiling Gabby, "Hey, hey," she says.

"Hey," I smile at her.

"Wow," she looks around, "nice place."

"Thanks, I love it," I smile, "my mom and I are just upstairs getting everything moved in."

"Cool! Can I help?"

"Uh, sure! If you want."

She follows me back upstairs and looks around, "Wow, you're already almost all the way moved in."

"Caleb has all of his stuff moved in. Myself, however, I'm such a procrastinator. I literally only have my clothes in the closet and stuff."

"Wow," She laughs, "Hi, Mrs. Poppe."

"Hi," she gives her a warm smile.

Eventually, I have everything moved in, not that I had that much, anyway. Gabby leaves, and my mom walks to the kitchen with me to help me with dinner. Caleb eventually comes home from the studio, and comes over to me and gives me a soft kiss.

"Everything moved in?" He asks.

"Yes," I smile.

"Mom and dad should be here soon," he says.

"I can't wait to see them."

"Maybe we shouldn't start dinner," my mom says, "your dad said he's bringing dinner here."

"Oh, okay," I nod.

"Can you believe that the day after tomorrow, we'll be husband and wife?" Caleb smiles.

"I really can't," I grin, "Wow, I really have been a procrastinator."

"What do you mean?"

"I literally got everything unpacked today, and we've been here for almost two weeks," I answer, and he only laughs in response.

I wake up the next morning, and a smile spreads across my face. Tomorrow is our day. Tomorrow is our wedding day. I turn over in bed, and see Caleb sitting up and on his phone.

"Good morning," I say, sitting up.

"Good morning, beautiful," he says.

"I'm gonna shower," I say.

"Okay, I'll be downstairs."

After I take my shower, I go back into our bedroom where my clothes are laid out on the bed. I put my undergarments on, and then my shorts. While zipping my shorts, I look up, accidentally glancing in the mirror and I gasp.

"Caleb!" I call out.

I hear him coming upstairs quickly, he then runs over to me, "You okay?"

"Yeah," I smile, looking back in the mirror, "look."

He looks in the mirror and smiles widely, "Wow."

"Yeah," I smile, and run a hand over my stomach, where I'm showing a little.

"That's amazing," he says, putting a hand on it.

"It is," I say, "also, I'm 12 weeks today."

"Yeah," he grins.

I reach over and put my shirt on before giving him a quick kiss on the lips, "I wanna talk about something."

"Okay?" He says, curiously.

I take his hand and lead him to the room that is two doors down from our room. Right now, it's empty. I smile at him and gives me a confused look, so I speak up, "I want to make a room for little Caroline."

He smiles, "that's extremely sweet of you."

"I've actually been planning it lately," I tell him, "I have everything ordered for her room already. I just want you to paint it, if you don't mind."

"Okay, I can do that," he nods.

"I'll buy the paint later today," I tell him.

"Hey, I can get it," he offers.

"No," I shake my head, "I really want to do this for her, Caleb. And then in October when we find out the gender, I'll start on our baby's room."

"You're amazing," he says.

"You are," I say, "now come on, I'm starving."