Chapter 18

(A/N: Oof, this was just a rushed filler. I really wish all my chapters didn't get deleted... sorry, this chapter is kind of boring.. and it's super short... :/ I'll try to update daily from now on, but I can't promise anything!)

Caleb's POV

A couple days later, Maddie and our sweet little Allison get to come home. Maddie's mom is still here to help us, and when she leaves I believe my mom will be coming up. I pull into our driveway. Maddie's mom is in the passenger seat as Maddie is sitting in the back with Allison. Maddie opens her door and slowly gets out.

"Oof," she says.

"You okay?" I ask, getting Allison's carrier out.

"Yeah. Still just a little sore," she answers.

"Ah," I say.

I put a hand on her back as she slowly walks to the door. Her mom walks ahead of us and unlocks the door with the key I handed her. She opens the door for us, and Maddie gives her a small smile before walking in.

I follow her as she starts up the stairs. She opens the door to Allison's room, and we walk in. She reaches down and takes Allison out of her carrier. Allison stays fast asleep while Maddie holds her. I step closer, and use one finger to rub Allison's little hand.

"She's perfect," I say, looking down at our daughter.

"Yeah, she is," Maddie smiles at her.

"And we made her," I state, "our love made her."

Maddie looks up at me, eyes watery, "Yeah."

"She looks so much like you already," my hand moves to her little cheek.

"You think so?" She looks back down at her.

"Yes," I smile, "beautiful, just like you."

After admiring little Allison for a while, Maddie gives her a kiss on her head and I do the same. Maddie gently lays her down in her crib, and we smile at her for a moment while she sleeps.

"I just can't get over her," she says, as her smile gets wider.

"I know," I state, "me either."