Chapter 17

Maddie's POV

"Ahhh!" I cry out.

"Come on, baby. You're almost there," Caleb tells me.

"I can't do this," I say.

I've been pushing for almost an hour and it's gotten to the point that I really feel like I can't do this.

"You can. You're doing it. She's almost here," Caleb tells me.

"You're doing good, sweetheart," my mom tells me.

"Again," the doctor says.

I push with all my might as I have a death hold on Caleb's hand.

"Caleb, I really can't," I shake my head.

"You can. I promise you can. I know you can do this, and I believe in you so much."

"It's almost over," my mom says, "it's almost over, honey."

After a few more pushes, I'm out of breath, "I'm tired."

"I know, but she's almost here," my mom tells me.

"One more. Give it all you've got," the doctor says.

So I do, and I let out a breath of relief when I hear little cries.

"You did it, baby. I knew you could. I'm so proud of you," Caleb kisses my head.

They lay her on my chest, and I can't help but cry. She is so little and precious. I can't believe I just did that. Eventually, she calms down from crying.

"She's so beautiful," my mom says.

I smile down at her, "Yeah, she is."

I look over at Caleb who is looking down at her with a big smile on his face. He puts a hand on her little blanket before giving her a kiss on her little forehead. I pass her to Caleb and he can't seem to contain the smile on his face. My mom gets to hold her for a few minutes before they come and take her for an examination.

After a few minutes, they bring her back and I'm holding her again. I hear a knock on the door. I look over and Catie's head pops in.

"Hi!" She says happily.

"Hey," I smile.

She comes over and looks at her, "Oh my gosh, Maddie, she's so precious."

"I've never felt so much love for a person," I say smiling down at her.

"You said you picked out a name already? What is it?" My mom asks, smiling widely.

I smile over at Caleb, who looks at my mom and then down to our daughter.

"Well?" Catie asks.

"Her name is.." Caleb starts, "Allison Faith Hutchinson."