1. Dreaming

Sera's P.O.V.

My feet pushed past the pink skirt of my day dress until I stood in the center of the backyard. The sun was beginning to set and the sky had been painted in pink, orange, and purple. I sad smile graced my lips as the wind whipped through my short brown hair. and picked up pieces of the pink skirt attached to my dress.

"Sera." A familiar voice called. When I turned around I saw Loki standing only a few feet away from me. I quickly ran into his strong arms and he held me against his firm chest. My heart was overwhelmed with emotion when I saw his deep green eyes and charming smile.

"I knew you were alive!" I cried, burying my face into his neck. My husband chuckled and placed a small kiss on my neck. Sofia and Levi both ran out of the house and joined I on our group hug. "I missed you guys!" Loki breathed, holding onto us tightly.

That was the last thing I heard before I faded back into reality.

My restless body rolled onto the other side of the bed, searching for comfort that wasn't there. My chocolate brown eyes opened with sleep still lingering in them. The warm light of the sun streamed through our window and I forced a smile onto my lips.

It was the same dream I've had ever since he left, allowing me to wake up with the same feeling for three years in a row. It was mostly loss mixed with a dash of depression. However I couldn't let that weigh me down.

I refused to let the pain destroy my happy spirit, I know Loki would hate it if I acted different just because he died. I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced my heavy head off my pillow. I kicked the hot covers off my body and rose to a stand.

I stretched my arms above my body and focused on clearing my head. Thankfully a lot had happened in three years and I had been kept pretty busy.

Levi's girlfriend moved to California, Tori is def because of an explosion she was in although it wasn't something Tony couldn't fix, Sam retired, Ethan got into a good college, and finally Sofia and Dylan had gotten engaged and I will be getting another son in two weeks.

I ruffled my morning hair as my feet carried my over to the bathroom. Once the door was locked I peeled off my white nightgown and dressed myself in a green dress that stopped at my knees had a built in necklace at the top.

The cotton like fabric bounced around my as I quickly fixed my short hair. The curls did they best they could to cooperate but there was only so much I could do. After my hair was done I dusted my face in a thin layer of makeup.

Practicing my smile in the mirror one last time, I left the bathroom and strolled through my room. Once out the door, I wandered down the halls before I arrived at the large staircase that lead to the kitchen.

The smell of pancakes filled my lungs and sent a rumble to my stomach. "Morning!" Levi cheered, looking up from his pan full of food. "Good morning!" I replied in the same cheerful voice. I stopped at my son's side and looked down at the pancakes in surprise. "What is this for?"

"Eating!" He replied, flipping the pancake like a pro. I chuckled before continuing my journey to the sink. I grabbed a glass cup from the drying rack and filled it to the brim. "I just meant that you don't usually make breakfast, I didn't even know you could cook!"

My son shrugged while I sipped down my water. "I guess I just felt like surprising you." I nodded and let my eyes wander our modernized kitchen. They drifted from the island in the center, to the halls, and finally to the pale woman walking down one of the halls. "Good morning mom!!" Sofia cheered, stopped to give me a hug.

"Good morning sweet heart!" I replied, hugging her back. Once I was done she began rushing around the kitchen with purpose. "Where are you off to today?" Levi asked, noticing she was dressed for Earth.

"She's going to New York to meet up with Dylan and finalize the last few details of the wedding." I answered for her. My daughter nodded and placed an apple in her leather purse. She flung a clump of curls behind her shoulder. "I shouldn't be gone long, especially since Brooke installed that special door for us that just transports us to the lab."

"Did we ever thank her for that?" Levi questioned. "We did, we gave her one of the wild Unicats that live here, remember?" Levi nodded before going back to cooking.

"I'll see you in a few hours!" Sofia called as she started walking down the opposite hall. "I love you!" I called after her. "Don't have too much fun." Levi teased, earning a chuckle from me.

Once she had disappeared I decided to take a seat in the living room. I walked around the dinning room table before plopping down on the long brown couch. My green dress flowed around my legs that hung over the side of the couch. I placed my glass cup on the short wooden table before resting myself on the arm of the brown couch.

The bright sky outside was alive with color and our sun shined brightly inside the living room. I was thankful the castle didn't have any glass on it's windows because it just made the castle feel more alive and fresh. The only rooms that did have glass were the bedrooms.

I let my eyes wander down to my lap where my hands were folded nicely. The sparkling ring on my ring finger looked even more beautiful in the sunlight. I forced the smile to remain on my lips instead of letting any old memories enter my brain.

I was taken out of my daze when Levi spoke up. "He's could still be out there you know. I remember the time Thor told you about how he was gone for five years!" I smiled as my son sat right beside me, holding a plate of food in his hand.

"I want to keep thinking he's going to come back, I just-" My voice broke off as my throat started to grow dry. I looked down at my lap to avoid the risk of Levi seeing any tears. My son placed one of his hand on mine for a small urge of comfort. "I know, I do too."

I nodded my head and smiled at him with thankful eyes. "Do you want to know what else I know?" He asked, growing a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. I raised one skeptical eyebrow and narrowed one eye. "What?"

He placed the plate of food in my lap before speaking. "I know that if he were here then he would tell you that he loves you and wish you a happy 24th anniversary." The plate held two pancakes doused in syrup with two strawberries on top and a dot of cream on the side.

I felt joy overwhelm my heart and it was almost enough to overpower the sadness. I stifled a laugh and quickly gave my son a side hug. "How did I get blessed with such a thoughtful son?"

Levi rested his head on top of mine as he hugged me back. "I learned from my mom." I smiled again as I pulled away. I grabbed the fork off the side of the plate and cut off a small piece of pancake.

It dripped with sugary syrup as I brought it up to my mouth. The moment it hit my tongue my face grew sour. "Oh!" Levi grew concerned at the faces I was making. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and tried my best not to spit the food out. "Look this is amazing and I love you, but it tastes awful!" I said with a small laugh. Levi facepalmed himself before joining my laughter.

"I did my best!" He explained through chuckles. I pat his back comfortingly while continuing to laugh. "I know you did."