7. New Years

Max's P.O.V.

I looked up from the ground and sent Sera a smile. She returned it and gave my hand a squeeze. "You excited?" I asked, walking up the large stair case. "Yeah, well, I'm mostly nervous. I really want the group to like you and I kind of want tonight to be perfect." She confessed.

I looked up at the Avengers compound before getting the door for me. "Tonight will be perfect, I've got you. And besides, what's not to like about me?" She just smiled a beautiful smile that brought a warm feeling to my chest. 

She lead me up the stair case and we didn't stop until we reached a conference looking room. The moment we walked through the door, everyone gave us a smile. "Happy New Year's Eve!" The room sang, proud smiles beaming on their faces. 

Me and Sera both smiled and began to walk over to the group. As we passed the long table I took time to admire the decorations. There were golden and black streamers on the ceiling, glitter, party hats, and a Christmas tree still up in the corner. 

The first person to give Sera a hug was an older looking woman with brown/red hair, bright blue eyes, and fair skin. "Hi Tori!" Sera said, giving her friend a large hug. The older woman pulled away and took notice of me. "You must be Max, I'm Tori: Sera's personal best friend, body guard, counselor, partner, and assassin." 

I felt a chill crawl up my spine as I shook the woman's hand and my smile began to waver. Then a tall man with blonde hair came up behind the woman and gave her a side hug. "Don't scare the poor boy. I'm Steve by the way."

I nodded my head ad felt a little safer with the new face. "Nice to meet you sir, I'm Max." I immediately cringed after hearing the word 'sir' leave my mouth. Thankfully Steve didn't notice and kept the conversation going. "Well it's nice to meet you, Max. Me and my wife are going to go to the desert table now, enjoy the party."

I nodded with a smile as they started to walk away. "Sir?" Sera questioned, amusement playing on her beautiful face. "I panicked!!" I admitted, following her over to the couches. "Well there's no need to panic when you meet my kids."

"Kids?!"

"Sofia, Levi, there's someone I want you to meet!!" Sera called, ignoring the crack in my voice. The twins instantly walked over to us with warm smiles on their lips. One of them was a girl with long, black curls, piercing green eyes, and fair skin. The other was a boy with a buff build and brown hair on his head, I noticed that his eyes were identical to Sera's.

"Max, this is my daughter Sofia and my son Levi." Sera introduced. "Pleasure to." Sofia started. "Meet you." Levi finished. My dark eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Do they always talk like that?" I whispered, envisioning a weird future. 

"No, we just wanted to creep you out." Levi admitted, laughter in his tone. "Hey mom, do you mind grabbing us some drinks? I'm sure Max is thirsty." Sofia asked, a warm cheer evident in her voice. 

"Sure! I'll be right back." Sera said, landing a kiss on my cheek before leaving. A lingering smile was on my lips before I was pushed onto the couch behind me. My brown eyes widened as the twins switched from sweet and innocent to evil and intimidating, Sofia especially. 

"Alright listen here you wafe!" She barked, lowering down to meet my frightened gaze. "Would you like me to leave to?" Levi whisper asked. "You can stay. I might need the back up." Sofia responded, not loosening her glare. 

"You may have heard of 'The Sera Talk' or even 'The Loki Talk' but this will be far worse than both of those combined! Welcome to 'The Twin Talk'. So, Max. What are your goals?" I cleared my throat nervously. "Well I-"