Learn to Fly

We live happily ever trapped
If you just save my life
Run and tell the angels
That everything is all right
I'm looking to the sky to save me
Looking for a sign of life
Looking for something help me burn out bright
I'm looking for a complication
Looking 'cause I'm tired of trying
Make my way back home
When I learn to fly (high)
- Foo Fighters

I sighed as I made my way towards the airport with my luggage in hand along with a picture of Rita in the other. It was time to go home I finally decided. I loved her with all my heart I really do. And to some extent my heart still does belong to her. However, I got a bit of a wake up call when James came and confronted me. It didn't make sense for me to be here. I didn't belong here. I still don't belong here.
When I look back at my time here I realize how out of place I was here and how foreign everything was to me over here. Even down to simple mannerisms it was completely alien to me. However, when I got to gaze directly into her journal I finally understood and realized how out of touch I was with her. Rita and I are complete polar opposites. We were nothing alike. Looking back at our time together it's kinda surprising, even mind boggling, that we were even together let alone married to begin with.
As I made my way onto the seat within the airplane the flight attendants made their rounds asking about food and services and what not. Every time I would politely decline, but yet my mind still wandered back to her and what could have been. I loved her. I still do. But it just wasn't meant to be.
As the plane started to quickly depart from the airport I turned and gazed out the window dozing off as we began to lift off the ground. My eyes finally fell away and betrayed. Then I finally allowed myself to breathe and let go for once since this whole tabasco kicked off. For the first time in a coupled months my body finally allowed me to sleep and rest in peace and gentle solitude.
Once asleep my dreams weren't haunted as I had expected them to be. They contained the subtlety of the 90s coupled along with the bliss that was the first few years of my first marriage. There sat Rita sitting adjacent from me along all the other Metallica guys. James was there joking about something to Jason and Kirk with a beer in his hand, while Rita sat quietly besides me sipping the cup of beer every few or so minutes. It was also one of the rare times I saw her genuinely smiling.  It was like nothing was real. While, it was minuscule the smirk still managed to ease a bit of me. After a few minutes she sighed and looked towards me. In an instant her gaze met my own. Her cold grayish blue hues were greeted with my own hazel ones as it seemed as though she spoke a thousand words while still being completely silent. The air that surrounded her seemed almost heavenly as her long black locks were pulled back into a low hanging ponytail.
Almost as if she were reading my very mind she clasped my hand within her smaller ones. She gazed down than back up at me again with this doe expression that could exuberant innocence with just one glance. "Everything's going to be fine." Rita whispered out almost reassuringly. "I saw this lovely film the other day," she started. "The crowd just sat there and looked away, but I just had to sit and stare." I just had to laugh. It was almost as if everything was finally normal and her being dead was just some sick twisted dream conjured up by my own mind in the heat of things. It was just a desperate daze that I had found myself in the middle of. I smiled a bit. "Can you tell me more about the film you saw?" I questioned not wanting this conversation to ever end. "Nobody was really sure..." she began. "But I'll be sure to tell you about it real soon!" She promised. I smiled back at her sighing knowing that she would have to go. "Okay." I said contently. "But they can show you?" She exclaimed almost excitedly while pointing in the direction of James and the others. She quickly stood up and made her way towards the door and swiftly exited leaving me sitting around with my band mates as the jollyness and glee that filled the room still haven't left and continued in spite of her absence within the room.
As my eyes flickered around the room I finally managed to land and focus my gaze on the guys. They were beckoning me over with the sense of glee still evident in their voices. I stood up with this new feeling of excitement and energy washing over me as I finally managed to realize what really mattered to me; my family. It's James, Kirk, and Robert. It's my kids. And at one point it was Rita. But it's time to move on now. If I love her I got to let her go and be free. I was finally tired of trying to make my way back to you for once in my life. This was my home. I was looking for a sign of life. It was a complication, but now I was learning how to fly.

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates but I am in England right now and I'm stuck working off the phone! Anyway, thanks for reading this and thanks for the comments and the votes I truly can't thank you all enough!