No Way to Go

I'll hammer on until you fight
If you've got some time to kill
Slow resistance wins the war
Well I know
But that's no way to go
You can't resist the louder pull
Loud love
- Soundgarden

As I left the airport in California late in the night I walked around clumsily trying to find my car within the dark to find my car. I exhaled for a while after finally finding it and immediately stepped into my vehicle preparing for the long ride home from LAX. I kept my drowsy eyes focused on the rode as I felt sleep creeping in on me. Hike the short few hour sleep I took on the plane was satisfying almost a month of no sleep was finally weighing down on me as I felt exhaustion deeply pierce my body at the same time.
I sighed and smiled softly as I saw my house come closer into my line of sight from my window. I nonchalantly slammed the door close and made my way towards my house's stairs while noting the serene amount of silence that surrounded me late in the night. Only the chips of the crickets and small tweets of the morning birds filled me eyes as I automatically marched my way up to my bedroom. Once there I immediately slammed my body going in face first into my newly made bed. I breathed out in exasperation as I felt my own weight crumble away beneath me as I slept waiting for the rise of the sun to come in and awaken me within a few hours time.
Once I was finally fully rested I arose from my death like sleep to face the windows of my room watching as the sun's like peered in almost  as if waiting for an invitation to be welcomed inside. I unsteadily rose from my now unmade bed and stretched in relief as I felt the tense muscles in my back finally pull apart as if they were small twigs snapping beneath my feet.
I gazed around once again familiarizing myself with the surroundings of my own house before finding my bathroom. I instantly waltzed into the shower as I allowed for the waters' stinging heat and steam to kiss my body while it simultaneously washed all the muck and dirt off of my body from the past month. I stepped out almost glaring at my own reflection in a relative amount of shock and relief as I felt the now cleanness of face and body under my own calloused hands. I shyly smiled to myself while at the same time noting what had just transpired while I was gone. Almost a month I have been gone yet it seems like nothing has been changed or altered in the slightest. It seemed the whole world has moved on without a far in the world. Yet, it all felt like no time has passed. I shrugged my thoughts aside myself and moved on to get myself ready for the day. I was called back into the studio to tell more about the day of Rita's suicide. It felt like an unnecessary yet brutal task. But still at the same time it didn't sting nor hurt as much as it did in the past. Before it would've hurt like a son of a bitch, but now it felt like the wounds that were previously exposed for all to see weren't as evident as they previously were.
As I made my way into the studio I greeted those around me the staff and the producers alike and sat down on the seat in front of the camera as I awaited for further instructions. I breathed
out as I saw the producer lady walk towards me with a new whole itinerary that seemed almost as thick as the one she had on the first day of filming. She looked at me and gave me another one of her practiced fake robotic smiles. "It's a pleasure to see you again, Mr.Ulrich!" She stated in this unnatural fake cheery voice. "Today, I would like you to-" I immediately cut her off while using the same chipper like voice she had been trained to use all this time. "I'll gladly tell you about the day Rita died, but I don't think I need a script to tell you how it happened." I declined while she continued to rather forcefully grin in my direction. I huffed out and turned my attention towards the camera as it began to roll. As sick and as manipulative and money hungry as this whole project was this was my therapy. This was really my first chance at healing after Rita died, despite how unconventional it all was.
"It was a normal day in California." I began to recall. "Everything seemed normal it was just like any other day. It was ridiculously sunny out and it was incredibly hot out." We were discussing the possibilities of maybe having kids while she was still busy working  on some of her personal works that would end up never being completed nor ever released.
I told her I was going to leave for a bit to discuss stuff with the band  , like the outlines and skeletons for a new album along with growing idea about terminating Jason from the band. Along with that metal was in a constant decline and Napster was become an ever growing issue by the day. "It wasn't  necessarily the brightest point for the rest of the band along with myself." I explained.
It was a long day in the studio e we would all met up. When I came homeI had expected to se her still in her private study with a guitar lying in her arms and and a pencil tucked beneath her hair and resting above her ear. Yet, I travelled all throughout the house and even into the beginning of the beginning of the surrounding wood area, but it was to no avail. It was fruitless . I sent a search team out for her and called the police as well. They didn't find her until twenty four hours later. "The police found her in a steep ditch with her brains blown out. Her old man's revolver was found next to her body." I concluded with this sort of odd silence enveloping the entirety of the set and studio. Those around me seemed a bit perturbed by the lack of emotion and expression evident within my voice. "That's no way to go." I solemnly finished.

A/N: Sorry for the strange schedule, but on the up side it's almost over! By the way shout out to anyone reading this in France since I'm currently writing this in France! Anyway, thanks again for the love and support you all are giving this story. Cheers!