Toxic

A/N- Trigger warning. Contains abuse.

|Meliodas X Liz/Elizabeth|

"Hey, Meliodas, can you come to the park with Elizabeth, Ban, King and I?"  Diane asked Meliodas over the phone. "Liz can come too, if she's there."

"She probably is." Ban rolled his eyes.

Diane was sitting in her bedroom with her friends Ban, Elizabeth and King. It was a Saturday and they were bored so they decided to ask if Meliodas wanted to go.

"Uhhhh... Wait hold on a sec." Was Meliodas's reply. Diane's phone was on speaker, and you could hear Meliodas asking something and someone's harsh voice answering back. It sounded a little like an argument.

Meliodas spoke again, sounding slightly regretful. "I can't, since Liz and I are busy. Maybe next time. See you tomorrow at school?"

"Yeah, sure!" Diane agreed. "Bye!" She hung up and sighed. "I knew it."

"What do you mean?" Elizabeth tilted her head.

"Oh, you don't know about Liz, do you?" Diane rolled her eyes at Liz's name. "Lucky you."

She had only known Elizabeth for a week since she transferred mid-term, but they invited her since Meliodas was friends. They had gotten to know her a little and really liked her.

"Liz is Meliodas's girlfriend." King explained. "She hates us."

"And she is the definition of a clingy girlfriend." Ban added.

"She gets jealous really easy. We almost never see him anymore." Diane sighed, hugging a pillow. "I miss our captain."

Meliodas was the captain of swimming team, which Ban, King and Diane go to, and Elizabeth joined. They were called the 'Sins'.

"Yeah." Ban said. "Let's go to the park, I'm dying of boredom."

The weekend came and went, and soon enough it was lunchtime on Monday. They were sitting at their usual outdoor table, when Meliodas turned up, yawning.

"Hey!" Meliodas slipped in beside Elizabeth. He bumped her arm slightly, and Elizabeth blushed a little. She had to admit, the blond was cute.

"Hey!" Elizabeth smiled.

"Hi, Captain. You look tired. How was Saturday?" Ban grinned.

"Good." Meliodas smiled, but it wasn't a proper smile. Judging by the quick look King, Ban and Diane shared, Elizabeth knew they had noticed it.

"So, what are we doing for practice tomorrow?" King changed the subject quickly.

"I found a really weird warmup game, but it looks quite cool..." Meliodas and the others started chatting about the game for about ten minutes until Liz strutted up to the table.

"Meliodas?" Liz smiled. "Come with me, I need to go to the library."

"Hey Liz." Meliodas smiled. "Can't you go by yourself? We're discussing practice." He asked.

"No, now come on." She said firmly, crossing her arms.

"Please? I haven't seen them all week. Why don't you ask Zoë if she'll go with you?" Meliodas sighed, annoyed.

"Meliodas, we're going to the library." Liz glared.

Meliodas sighed, but stood up and grabbed his bag. "I'll see you later?" He said to his friends.

"Yep! See ya, Captain!" Diane beamed, but when they were out of sight, she mimed throwing up. "Ugh, I hate her."

"You know something, I haven't seen him stand up to her in weeks!" Ban suddenly laughed.