Gowns and Suits Pt 3

"I'm sorry, what?" Elizabeth blinked. "And just who are you?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "I'm Lady Ericka, of Danafor. And I said, I are you happy that the Prince is your admirer?" She smirked and placed a hand on her hips.

"I don't know what you're going on about." Elizabeth shook her head adamantly.

"Of course you don't. I know all about your little plan, you know, and all I'm going o say is that it won't work. He'll never fall for a wench like you." Ericka spat.

"How dare you!" Elizabeth drew herself up. "Just who do you think you're talking to?"

"Princess Elizabeth of Liones, obviously," Ericka rolled her eyes and tutted. "Honestly. Why he would pick you over me, I have no idea. I mean, what do you have that I don't?!"

"Uh, I don't know, a good personality, maybe?" Elizabeth hissed back.

"Well I never!" She gasped, offended. "I'm so much more good looking, and smarter, and I could do things to him you could never dream." She said directly, making Elizabeth blush.

"You're just making yourself sound like a whore." Elizabeth retorted hotly.

"Well, at least I'm not only interested in him to get away from my family," Ericka hissed back angrily. "I'd love to marry him, more than you ever would."

"More like for his money." Elizabeth smirked.

"You little bitch!" Ericka screamed. "You don't even love him! I could love him more than you ever could!"

Ericka got so mad she went to slap Elizabeth. But she never got to because a certain, angry, someone got in between them. He stopped Ericka's hand.

"P-Prince Meliodas!" Ericka stuttered, panic started to set in. "I, I am so sor-"

"Get. Out." A murderous aura covered the garden, making everyone leave nervously. And just who was the aura coming from? Prince Meliodas.

"Your majesty, I-" she tried to apologise.

"I said, get. Out." Meliodas growled. "Now. Don't comeback. If I see you near me or Lady Elizabeth I will not hesitate to ignore the rule that says hitting a lady is wrong."

"But-"

"Out! Now!" He barked. Ericka fled the gardens, crying.

Meliodas turned to Elizabeth. His eyes, though they were always black, seemed terrifying. His demon mark wasn't his by his hair, and stretched almost the entire way across his forehead.

"Did she hurt you?" He asked slowly, breathing in and out.

"N-no." Elizabeth replied nervously.

"Thank goodness." Meliodas blew out a breath and tried to calm down. Elizabeth placed a tentative hand on his to help, and Meliodas held it gratefully.

"Prince Meliodas," Elizabeth started.

"You can drop the formalities, Elizabeth, I don't mind. Meliodas is fine." He told her gently.

"Right. Meliodas, how much of that did you hear?" She asked nervously, and wrung her hands.

"All of it." He growled.

Elizabeth's lip trembled, and she burst into tears. "I'm so, so sorry." She apologised.

"For whatever for?" Meliodas looked concerned, and placed a hesitant and shaky hand on her cheek.

Elizabeth broke down and slumped onto the edge of the fountain, tears dripping doen her face. "You see, I was supposed to come here and get you to actually like me, so that my sister and I could escape my Father, and I could get out of a soon-to-be arranged marriage, but when you said you were interested, I realised, realised that I actually l-like you and I hoped you wouldn't find out and I didn't want to deceive you and-"