Chapter seven- Damn it, Steve!

A/N: Because I'm a lazy butt I haven't re-watched the movie (for the billionth time,) and therefor not everything is in this fanfic... If I get things wrong, or certain things that I put in were in different scenes, please tell me :) And, also, because I'm on holiday this chapter won't be very long. Sorry 'bout that :/ Thanks!

[Insanity]

I frowned, my head resting in my left hand as I watched Director Fury talk to Loki on a hologram.

We had gotten Loki, and Thor had agreed to join us in whatever the Hell we were actually doing- Something about 'saving the world.'

Fury said something about, "Real power needing a magazine," before walking out of the cell's room.

Bruce, as I had learnt around an hour ago was his name, chuckled softly, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Hmm," Natasha grunted in reply, and the room fell into silence again.

After around five minutes, I opened my mouth, "His brain is a bag of cats. It's as if he found a liquor store and drank it," I smiled softly, raising my head from my hand. It was kind of cold in the helicarier, after I threw my trench coat at the crazy God. My right hand, the one with the countdown thing, was under the table on my lap, because I didn't want Fury to find out about it and decide to find a 'cure' or whatever.

Fury stomped into the room, his black boots slapping along the metal floor of the helicarrier's bridge with each stride, "Okay, we know how he is controlling our scientists, agents, and Barton."

"How?" Steve asked, his eyebrow raised.

I glanced at him, he was sitting next to Natasha (A/N: I don't know if this is actually where he is/what he said but please remember that this is a fanfiction, not a script XD)

Tony and Bruce were standing by the door, Natasha and Steve were sitting, and I was sitting in a seat paralell to the assasin and 'super' soldier.

"With his sceptre, he wants to rule Earth." Fury replied, walking over to the head of the table.

'Yeah, we already knew that,' I thought gingerly.

"At the current moment, Banner has the sceptre inside his lab. Loki's spear has a bit of the Tesseract inside it, and he's using the sceptre to trace the blue rock. Isn't that right, Bruce?" Fury continued.

Bruce Banner looked up, and nodded at the director, before returning his gaze to the floor.

"So, with his sceptre he can make people into his own flying monkeys?" Tony asked, raising an eyebrow sassily. Is that man made of sass, angst, annoyance and obnoxiousness?

" 'Flying monkeys,'" Thor repeated, "I do not understand."

"I understood that reference!" I cheered, grinning excitedly.

"I understood that reference, too!" Steve piped up, looking around, before smiling sheepishly, "I understood it."

I gave him a high-five, before turning back to the desk.

I glanced up at Fury again when I heard my name.

"Insanity,"

"Yeeees?"

"It has come to my attention that you have a count down to your... Death... Is this true, and why didn't you tell me immediately?"

"Yes, it is true, and I didn't tell you because you'd probably force Bruce to find a cure." I retorted, glaring at Fury.

Who told him? It wasn't me. And the only person who knew about it was...

Damn it Steve!

'Yes, damn it Steve indeed.' The homicidal voice was back, and more creepier then before, 'Steve told Fury, and you know why? Because he wants you dead...'

"How long do you have?" Tony asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Twenty-Nine days," I replied, lifting my arm up so everyone could see, "Now, could we please get back to Loki?" I asked, my arm going back down.

"No. Do you know how you will... Die...?" Fury asked, and it was very clear that he was choosing his words carefully.

"No, I just know how I got it." I replied through gritted teeth, "It was a giant, needle-like thing, the centre was made of a bright blue substance in the shape of a square. Basically, it latched onto my arm, and when it detached, I had a tattoo with a number on it. Neo, my-," I took a sharp, inward breath, "father, the man who tested on me, said I would die when the number got to 'one.' Two, maybe three, days ago it was on one-hundred and something, but as soon as I stepped onto this helicarrier it changed to thirty."

Fury frowned, "Banner! Take Insanity into your lab, and while you're locating the Tesseract, please try to find a cure."

Damn it! I'll... I'll kill Steve for tattle-telling! I thought gingerly, getting off the chair and following Bruce out.