:T⃣w⃣o⃣:

C⃣h⃣a⃣p⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣ T⃣w⃣o⃣

The next morning I'm standing outside of the car in our driveway. Keys in my hand. It was like I was frozen in place.

"I can do this," I assure myself.  I unlock the door and get inside. My seat buckle on. My hands on the wheel. But I don't turn on the car.

A few more minutes go by. "This is ridiculous. I'm going. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go." My hand turns the key and the engine starts. Normally Dad would be here calmly giving me instructions. But he wasn't. So now I'm the one giving myself instructions. A little less calmly, might I mention.

"Okay, now just back up slowly."

Putting the car in reverse, I take a deep breath and begin to do as I said but accidentally pressed the gas pedal too hard. The sound of a thud comes from the back of the car. "Shit." My eyes close shut. I don't open them until I hear a knock on the window. Without looking at the person I open it.

"Hi," the person states.

I give a sidewards glance to be met with a pair of blue eyes.

"Hi," I try to say calmly.

He leans into the window.

"You trying to kill me, L/N?" He asks playfully but I'm too embarrassed to answer initially.

Harrison Osterfield. My first kiss; in middle school. Game of spin the bottle. Wrote his letter at age 12.

"No," I answer plainly after a minute. I look everywhere other than at him.

"Little Y/N can't drive," Harrison says in an amused voice.

I cower back in my seat just a bit. "I can drive. You just caught me at a bad moment." I had no confidence in my voice. My eyes meet his just to see him roll them.

"Yeah, okay," he says, not believing me.

I deliberated the circumstance for a second. "Why are you even here? I thought you were in the States with—"

"Tom? He still there filming. I just came back because I wanted to see my family and friends." He had a smile on his face that could lighten an entire room.

"Oh, cool," I reply, not sure what to say.

"Anyway," he pats the window sill a couple times, "I'm going over to meet up with the Holland's."

"Great," I say.

"So, I'm just gonna go."

"Yeah, fine. Great." I look forward out the windshield to avoid eye-contact.

"Don't try to kill anyone this time!" He yells out jokingly.

I force out a laugh. "I won't! I won't," my voice fades as he walks away. Once he's gone I slam my hand and head on the steering wheel. "Ugh!"

"That's it, I'm taking my bike." I turn off the ignition and get out the car.

Sometimes it feels like life hates me.