: S⃣i⃣x⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣:

[Song: Meant to Be by Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line]

C⃣h⃣a⃣p⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣ S⃣i⃣x⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣

One thing I hadn't gotten used to was Harrison's spontaneity. He was always doing something to surprise me.

Like five days into the whole fake dating thing he gave me a romance book that he thought I would like. Then he just continued to do it every couple days. I'm not really sure where he gets them from, but I thought it was a kind enough gesture.

Today was another one of those days where his spontaneity shines through. He sent me a message telling me to meet him at the diner so he could tell me what we're doing.

"Okay, I got your text. What's up?" I slide onto the stool next to him at the counter.

"Come on. Not here," Harrison says getting up. I let out an exasperated sigh. Why did he want to meet here then? I reluctantly follow him outside.

He's by his car, keys in hand.

"Today I'm going to teach you how to drive," he states with a grin, "without running over anyone." He adds.

My first instinct is to say 'no', but I just squint my eyes at him. "You sure you want to get in a car with me? When I'm driving?"

"Not really. But I'm willing to risk it to keep the public from danger," he jokes.

"Oh, how altruistic of you," I joke back. "Okay, so where are we doing this?"

"I was thinking over there," he points in the direction of behind the diner, where there is a large, open parking lot.

"Fine."

We get in the car and he drives over to the empty parking lot, and stops. He brings the drivers seat back for more space. All of sudden he reaches out his hands to wrap around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.

"What? What are you doing?" I ask, confused.

"Teaching you how to drive," Harrison says like it's obvious.

"Oh no," I protest, "you're not going to teach me how to drive as if I was five!" I stretch my neck to turn my heard to look at him.

"It's just easier this way."

"Absolutely not." I go to open the door to get out but his hand stops me.

"Just trust me." His voice was right next to my ear and my breathing hitched. A chill raced down my spine.

His hands reached for my own, placing them on the steering wheel. "Try to keep your hands here, like this. And you know the pedals I assume." His feet move out of the way for mine to reach the pedals.

Then Harrison points at the mirrors. "These are the mirrors. Use them. Then you won't kill anyone." I was too dazed to come up with a snarky comeback. His arms rest around my waist. "Whenever you're ready," he tells me.

I'm not sure how much time we spent driving around that parking lot in this way. We lost track of time. Harrison kind of just let me do my own thing, once in a while whispering words of encouragement in my ear.

I would blush each time but thankfully he couldn't see.

We ended up reclined in both front seats, listening to music and talking. Our feet perched on the dashboard, nudging each other.

"You did great today," he says looking at me, "I have something for you." He reaches over to the back seat. He pulls out another romance novel. "For, hopefully, not running into anyone with your car in the near future," he says then passes it to me.

"Gee, Thanks," I say while laughing. I could feel Harrison's stare as I read the back of the book. When I look up he doesn't look away. "Uh, seriously, Harrison. Thank you for today. It was..." I struggle to find the right word, "it was amazing."

"It was," he confirms. We just stare at each other. Had his eyes always been that blue?

His foot nudges mine, and I nudge back. A blissful laughter escapes both our lips.