: T⃣w⃣e⃣n⃣t⃣y⃣-t⃣h⃣r⃣e⃣e⃣:

[Song: I Like Me Better by Lauv]

C⃣h⃣a⃣p⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣ T⃣w⃣e⃣n⃣t⃣y⃣-t⃣h⃣r⃣e⃣e⃣

I packed and repacked my luggage multiple times. Not really sure what to bring on a trip like this. I had texted Harrison how long we would be there and he sent a message back telling me that it would only be for a week since now they were just doing promotional stuff for Tom's new movie.

That was a couple days ago and we haven't really talked since.

Harrison offered to pick B/F and I up but I declined saying that Dad was going to drop us off. Which is what he's doing now. He pulls the car to the curb. B/F gets out collecting her stuff but Dad tells me to stay in the car so he can talk to me. I tell B/F I'll meet her inside.

"Okay, we need to talk about your sexual health." Dad states.

"What? Dad. No," I plead. My hands going to cover my face.

"As your father, I will always think you're too young to have sex. But I know that expecting that you stay abstinent is an unrealistic expectation since you are a young adult."

I was dying on the inside. Like, actually dying.

"Now, I know you're smart enough to not be pressured into doing something just because a boy wants you to."

"Can we please just make this end?"

Dad pulls out a brown paper bag. "It's your decision. I want you to be safe." He hands it to me and I carefully look inside to find condoms.

"Dad! Why are you giving these to me?" My tone a mix between shock and horror.

"Pulling out is not protection," he states.

"Oh my God. I'm leaving," I go to get out of the car.

"Don't forget to have fun," he tells me.

"Yes, well, I have a lot of rubbers for that, specifically." I slam the car door after that.

I gather my bags and meet B/F inside. We check our luggage, get something to eat, all that, and then finally the boys join us. And by 'boys' I mean Harrison and Harry, who I hadn't known was coming but was pleasantly surprised anyhow.

"Hi," Harrison says to me as we wait in security.

"Hey." It wasn't much but it was something. We kept moving up in the line and I quietly caught Harrison going to hold my hand but stop short. I don't think he knew I knew.

When putting my things in the bins to go through the scanner I accidentally drop the brown paper bag. To be honest I forgot I still had it. Harrison goes to pick it up.

"Don't!" I yell, covering up my mouth afterwards. A few people look in our direction. Harrison stands back up with his hands up. I snatch the bag up and shove it in my carry on.

I knew my cheeks were burning. Especially since Harrison kept starring at me. He chuckled a little. There was no possible way he knew what was inside. But he could tell I was embarrassed.

Instinctively his hand goes onto my shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. He stops when he realizes what he's doing.

Things were so weird with us right now, and I didn't like it one bit.

The time came to board the plane. Our seats were in first class but in separate places. Two were at the front and two were a few rows back. B/F went to the ones farther back, I go to join her.

"Woah, where you going?" Harrison asks, stopping me.

"To sit next to B/F," I say.

"Can't you sit with me?" His eyes give me this pleading look. That shade of blue wants me to forget about the girl and the awkwardness between us, but I can't. Because now I can't look at him without thinking about that picture.

"She has a fear of flying. So I think it's best if I sit with her," I tell him.

He nods his head and tells me 'okay' with a disappointed tone.

I put my carry on in the overhead bin before sitting next to B/F.

"Who knew first class could be so nice? I might actually enjoy this trip," she beams. I, on the other hand, was getting more and more nervous as the time ticked to take off.

The plane started to move and I shut my eyes.

"You going to be okay?" B/F asks me. I open my eyes while nodding my head.

"Yeah. I think I'll just put on some music. To, you know, relax me."

I put my headphones in. Hitting play the song 'I Like Me Better' by Lauv fills my ears. The plane starts  taking off. I clutch onto the arm rests, attempting to pretend in my mind that I'm somewhere else.

This was going to be a long flight.

Notes:

Play the song if you want to get more of the same vibes from 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'

Thanks for reading💞