: E⃣i⃣g⃣h⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣ :

C⃣h⃣a⃣p⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣ E⃣i⃣g⃣h⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣

"And then you would kiss me on my fire escape," Tom reads the letter, "you don't have a fire escape." He points out.

I chuckle while laying down on my bed; Tom was sitting at my desk. "I was 9 when I wrote that. I had an active imagination back then," I defend myself.

"This is a love letter to Peter Parker."

"Okay, so I had a very active imagination back then."

I can hear him get off the chair and walk towards where I am. Suddenly as I'm looking up at the ceiling Tom's face came into view. Staring down at me but upside down. I could feel the impressions on the mattress from where his hands were holding him up.

"I could kiss you upside right now and it would basically be the same thing," he says with a smirk.

I raise one of my hands up to reach the back of his neck. His smirk goes away completely. He starts to lean down, probably unconsciously. I push his face away with the same hand.

"Don't make things weird. I already told you, I'm with Harrison." The words flowed out of my mouth so easily. I sit up.

"I can't believe Harrison didn't tell me," Tom says while meandering around the room.

"We haven't been together for that long," I tell him while following his movement with my eyes. "Do you," he turns to look at me, "do you like me? Like as more than a friend or odd little sister or whatever."

Tom takes a few seconds before responding. "I think I like the idea of you. Someone that likes me for more than just my fame. And it was confusing for me to read your letter, because I had never thought of you in that way. I don't think I like you in that way."

"Oh," I knew I sounded disappointed but to be honest I wasn't really thinking about Tom. I had always thought that I was the type of girl that guys were friends with but never liked them more than that. This seemed to confirm my speculation.

"Hey," he says sitting down next to me, "I didn't mean it like that. You're pretty and sweet and fun to be around. But you're dating my best friend."

I nod my head. "Good point."

We're silent for some time. Tom is the one that breaks the silence.

"You know why I helped you out when those guys were bothering you?" He asks. I shake my head. I knew he brought it up since I had put it in the letter. "Because I knew you were someone that needed protection."

He pauses.

"It was actually Harrison's idea. To help you. And I guess now that you're with him I don't have to worry about you, like I used to."

Tom didn't know it but his words meant so much to me.

He looked at me. Then in one sudden motion his lips meet my cheek and pull away just a quick.

I was stunned for a second. "What was that for?" I ask.

"The letter," he says.

I just shake my head and chuckle. "You better watch it, Holland. Or I'm going to have to tell Harrison to sort you out."

"Please don't," Tom pleads jokingly. Though there was some sincerity in his words.

I guess even Spider-Man has irrational fears.