Chapter 6: White Girl

Baby, I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time

And I gave you my all, now baby be mine

Ja Rule-Always On Time

February 23, 2006

Cassie was finished with her last class of the day and was on her way to meet Drew outside to go to her house to study for the big trig exam on Friday. She told her mother in advance so that she can ensure that her dad would be on his best behavior while Drew was around. She was a little upset with him for the way he treated him that day, just because he was upset with a situation that Drew had nothing to do with. Cassie couldn't blame him, though. Drew had a large shoulder tattoo and her parents would have plenty of reason to be put on edge because of that.

It was out of love for Cassie. They wanted the best for her, and somehow Drew just wasn't it for her, in their apparent opinion. Which led Cassie to always wonder, didn't they say that "it's what's on the inside that counts?" This confused Cassie to no end.

She was on her way out of the building, when much to her utter fear, she heard her name being called by her worst nightmare, Simone. Cassie's eyes shut in defeat as she turned around to face them.

"Where you going?" Simone asked.

"Umm, home?" Cassie replied with a narrowed look. She often wondered if Simone actually hung out with Barbara Walters at one point; she asks the stupidest questions.

"Oh, I get it," Ashley spoke up, nodding her head. "Yeah, I totally get it. You don't want to keep him waiting."

"Aw, yeah, your white knight in shining armor," Simone agreed, with a smirk. "Actually, I'm not surprised at all, with your fetish for pink nipple and everything," she continued, while Ashley snickered.

"What are you even talking about?" Cassie asked incredulously.

"Well, obviously you're going out with him, by the way you've been hanging with him like some cheap suit," Ashley spat out. "Acting like you're cute or something. Well, here's some news flash, honey, you ain't cute. Nobody wants some skinny loser with clothes from the frickin' dollar store."

"Not even that, no real black men would want some bougie white girl," Simone chimed in. "Remember, she's not really black, Ash."

"Aww, yeah, I almost forgot that her daddy's white trash, just like her," Ashley replied, doing a facepalm. "You and your white boyfriend are actually made for each other."

Cassie was now enraged. First, they make fun of her and Drew's genuine friendship, and now they're coming after her race and her father.

"Do you actually know how remotely ignorant and idiotic you two sound?" Cassie spoke up furiously.

"I think we sound like geniuses," Simone retorted.

"Well, here's a news flash for you," Cassie started. "First of all, you don't know a damn thing about me and Drew," she spat out. "Secondly, no 'real black men' or men in general would want some trash, arrogant, snobby bimboes like you two are. Only little boys are interested in that," she continued.

"You gonna regret what you just said," Simone hissed.

"Oh, and by the way, you keep my daddy's name from out of your fucking mouth," Cassie replied to Ashley.

"Bitch, I'll knock you the fuck out right now if you think you're stepping up to me," Ashley threatened.

"Well then, bring it on," Cassie challenged. "Make my day."