Chapter 21: Cassie Strikes Back

I'm a survivor

I'm not gon' give up

I'm not gon' stop

I'm gon' work harder

I'm a survivor

I'm gonna make it

I will survive

Keep on survivin'

Destiny's Child-Survivor

Drew watched in horror as Simone was getting pummeled by her ex-best friend Ashley and her squad. He felt the anger build inside of him at the fact that Ashley actually sent goons to jump Simone, just for doing the right thing and telling the truth. All the thoughts of Simone being an evil bitch flew out of the window after everything he had just heard. Ashley was the mastermind over Cassie's bullying, almost leading Cassie to death. Drew almost wished he would jump in and beat the holy hell out of her for everything she did to Cassie, Simone, and every other person whom she terrorized.

"Oh, my fucking God, they're gonna send her to the damn hospital, someone gotta do something!" he yelled.

He then saw Cassie's fists tightening, while her face reddened. His heart started pounding when Cassie took her bag from off her back, plus her jacket.

No, she's not doing what I think she's gonna do.

Cassie then handed Drew her things, making his heart drop to his stomach.

"Cassie, what are you doing?" Drew asked, the fear evident in his voice.

"Something I should've done a long time ago," Cassie replied.

And then, much to Drew's horror, Cassie ran towards the goons.

"Cassie!" Drew yelled for her frantically.

Drew felt his hands turn cold and clammy as he saw his new girlfriend jump into the fight. His eyes widened when Cassie tackled Ashley to the ground, giving her flurries of right hands. His heart then soared as he finally saw Cassie getting her long-awaited revenge.

"Yeah, Cassie, hit that bitch!" Drew heard a girl scream out.

The crowd cheered in agreement. But Drew's joy then faded when Ashley's squad came to Ashley's aid by pulling Cassie off of her, as she thrashed in their grip. She whirled around and struck the biggest of the goons across the face with a punch, making the girl fall to the ground, dazed. Cassie was then engaged in a fist fight with the remaining two girls, while the crowd yelled as if they lost their minds. The advantage was in Cassie's favor until the bigger goon joined back in, overpowering Cassie.

Aw, hell no, not my girl.

He then dropped their belongings and made a beeline for the goons. He jumped in front of Cassie, earning punches and kicks. But Drew didn't feel any pain from that as he swatted the goons away with one arm, making them stumble to the ground.

"Y'all better get the fuck off my girl!" Drew barked at the girls. "I dunno what you think this is!"

"You best be moving, Papi, before it gets worse for you!" one of the goons retorted.

Drew scoffed. "Bitch, I'm from Brooklyn, you think I'm scared of you?" he challenged. "I don't have a problem slapping you silly."

The crowd let out hoots and laughter at this, but meanwhile, Ashley got up and attacked Cassie by striking her across the face with a slap, making her fall to the ground from the hard impact. Drew whirled around to see his beloved girlfriend getting pummeled by that brute, while Cassie fought back. He immediately saw red, but before he had a chance to react, he heard a car's wheels screech on the street pavement, along with a man's strong New York accent yelling out,